Trouble with starting new game in menu (old version :) )

jury

Yeah, if you're guzzling memory too fast, even the kernel out-of-memory killer won't help.

Did the videos in your 0.6.4 have sound or not? Did you have the main theme music, button clicks ...

In the worst case scenario you'll have to run without audio and logging.

6 hours ago, lynx said:

Did the videos in your 0.6.4 have sound or not? Did you have the main theme music, button clicks ...

The videos did not have sound, but the main menu and the game itself had the music and sound effects.

On 6/9/2021 at 11:47 PM, lynx said:

That code is optional (HAVE_MMAP), so I don't know why you're even trying.

Well, it seems that this optional HAVE_MMAP is broken, unless I do not understand something, but I can not find any code for not Windows or mmap. I decided to check it on linux environment, so in VFS.cpp I undefined HAVE_MMAP (#undef HAVE_MMAP) and compilation goes fine, but linking ends with:

MappedFileMemoryStream.cpp:69: undefined reference to `GemRB::readonly_mmap(void*)

Edited by jury

Well you can't just hack it like that. You'd also have to undefine SUPPORTS_MEMSTREAM.

So, do I understand correctly that cmake finds mmap.h for you, but you don't have mman.h anywhere? Where is your mmap defined then?

2 hours ago, lynx said:

So, do I understand correctly that cmake finds mmap.h for you, but you don't have mman.h anywhere? Where is your mmap defined then?

Yes, it seems as you say, cmake always finds mman.h (must be that linux one)  so configures build scripts accordingly. But when cross-compiling, the destination platfor does not have this library, thats why I wanted to try to switch this off manually.

2 hours ago, lynx said:

Well you can't just hack it like that. You'd also have to undefine SUPPORTS_MEMSTREAM.

Great, will check it today. Thanks.

Edited by jury