Edwina > Edwin transformation

From BD:

The fourth bug resolved is that after transformation, Edwin's animation was not proper. The reason for this was that the spell changing him to a female (and back to a male) stayed in his profile and thus was being constantly applied. This would cause his battle animation to be incorrect, his walking animation to make it look as if he was "floating" from place to place and also prevent the Boots Of Speed from working on him. These effects are unfortunately unavoidable while he is Edwina, but they are now properly removed when he is transformed back, whether by the mage Degardan or when he goes to the Abyss.

BD fixes this issue by adding a duplicate change sex effect to spin661 and spin662; both effects have different timing mods (wtf?). devSin fixes this by changing the timing on the sole change sex effect. I've gone ahead with devSin's implementation.

@devSin, does this resolve all of the Edwin animation funkiness that is constantly being reported or is that still a bug to be tracked down?

// edwina > edwin fixes
COPY_EXISTING ~spin661.spl~ ~override~
             ~spin662.spl~ ~override~
 READ_LONG  0x64 "abil_off"
 READ_SHORT 0x68 "abil_num"
 READ_LONG  0x6a "fx_off"
 WHILE ("%abil_num%" > 0) BEGIN
   SET "abil_num" = ("%abil_num%" - 1)
   READ_SHORT ("%abil_off%" + (0x28 * "%abil_num%")) "type"
   PATCH_IF ("%type%" = 1) BEGIN // if melee
     READ_SHORT ("%abil_off%" + 0x1e + (0x28 * "%abil_num%")) "fx_num"
     READ_SHORT ("%abil_off%" + 0x20 + (0x28 * "%abil_num%")) "fx_idx"
     WHILE ("%fx_num%" > 0) BEGIN
       SET "fx_num" = ("%fx_num%" - 1)
       READ_SHORT ("%fx_off%" +        (0x30 * ("%fx_idx%" + "%fx_num%"))) "opcode"
       PATCH_IF ("%opcode%" = 71) BEGIN // change sex
         WRITE_BYTE ("%fx_off%" + 0x0c + (0x30 * ("%fx_idx%" + "%fx_num%"))) 1 // instant/permanent
       END
     END
   END
 END
 BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

does this resolve all of the Edwin animation funkiness

As far as I know, it does. I did some minor testing of my Edwin fix, and didn't experience any of the reported issues.

Make sure you check his change, change back, and in-Hell spells (I think all 3 need patches, but I can't remember).

Archived