Need an help please !

Well I need an help for my mod Jeffy - a merchant who sell all the arcane scrolls for IWDEE -, and I don't know how to solve a serious problem despite of many hours spent : the install it on IWDEE 2.6.6.0 works  but when I speak to my character I have a crash and a message sent , dump.2.6.6.0.00XX.dmp (which have a size of 56.8 Mo)…I don't know what is the origin of this annoying bug despite all my attempts, and how to read  this message; I think it's a little detail because in the same install my mod Emerson doesn't crash at all… So I hope that someone could help me seriously in this affair. Thank you by advance.

mod Jeffy-1.rar

Thank you for your quick response, Lava. So I have converted the dialog.tra in ANSI and well the problem remains…if you have some time to help me, thank you by advance, giving your high level expertise in IE modding. Only 2 mods - Emerson and Jeffy - are installed on my IWDEE session.

I also think you may also need to reload the converted tra files. An exaple from Oak-Maw NPC:

ALWAYS
 ACTION_DEFINE_ARRAY OMnoconvert BEGIN END
 ACTION_DEFINE_ARRAY OMreload BEGIN OakMaw END

LAF HANDLE_CHARSETS
    INT_VAR
      infer_charsets = 1
    STR_VAR
      tra_path = EVAL ~%MOD_FOLDER%/translations~
      noconvert_array = OMnoconvert
      reload_array = OMreload
END 
END

ALWAYS
  INCLUDE ~%MOD_FOLDER%/lib/functions.tph~
END

Especially here: ACTION_DEFINE_ARRAY OMreload BEGIN OakMaw END

OakMaw before END is the tra file being reloaded upon installation, as WeiDU must use the new version, the generated utf-8 version of the OakMaw.tra file. Just use this code and rename everything, to something like:

ALWAYS
 ACTION_DEFINE_ARRAY JFFnoconvert BEGIN END
 ACTION_DEFINE_ARRAY JFFreload BEGIN dialog END

LAF HANDLE_CHARSETS
    INT_VAR
      infer_charsets = 1
    STR_VAR
      noconvert_array = JFFnoconvert
      reload_array = JFFreload
END 
END

Make sure I haven't made some typo or something.

I am going offline for now, but I hope that will get you closer to your answer.

Like this ? Well I will see tomorrow, and thank you for your help, Lava.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    //                     Mod Jeffy v1 pour IWDEE par Prof Errata                            //

BACKUP ~Jeffy\backup~
AUTHOR ~Prof Errata~

AUTO_TRA ~Jeffy/translations/%s~

ALWAYS
 ACTION_DEFINE_ARRAY Jeffynoconvert BEGIN END
 ACTION_DEFINE_ARRAY Jeffyreload BEGIN dialog END

LAF HANDLE_CHARSETS
    INT_VAR
      infer_charsets = 1
    STR_VAR
      noconvert_array = Jeffynoconvert
      reload_array = Jeffyreload
END 
END

LANGUAGE ~English~
    ~english~
    ~Jeffy/translations/english/dialog.tra~

LANGUAGE ~Francais~
    ~french~
    ~Jeffy/translations/french/dialog.tra~

That wasn't it, however you can keep things you added here, because they (or other code that will assure text is in the right state) may be needed anyway.

The bug is way simpler: you use StartStore("PEJeffy",LastTalkedToBy()) while the store you added is named PEJEFFID. So, you may need to change StartStore("PEJEFFID",LastTalkedToBy()).

Well, now it's done, I've been able to finalize at last my mod Kaya, having added the whole arcane scrolls for IWDEE to her shop (NB: the listing of the arcane scrolls in IWDEE have been made for no good reason, I've learned it at my expense…). Now I need a last overhaul: is it possible if you have the time to see carefully the files of my mod - the version Kaya_4EE here -  and verify if all is OK ? Take your time, I 'mnot in a hurry. And well, don't forget to read the readme : you are free like all the interested modders by my work to use it wholly or partially without to request my permission.

And well I've a personal question for you, Lava: how do you find not only the time, but too the inspiration, the original scenarios and all the dialogues of yours mods ? And above all, how do you learned so well  the essential programming talents in Infinity Engine ? All yours mods until now have a professional quality. If I was the Beamdog staff, I would hire you without hesitation…(for a IWD3 game ?).

Kaya_v4EE.rar

I may be unable to look at during the upcoming days, there's so much on my plate...

As for writing all those mods... I just like to tell stories. I feel I want to mention so many things, touch so many themes. It takes time, but remember I've been here for more than 10 years. And yeah, it's all time consuming, but... when you finish the story you've been working on and you know someone had fun reading/playing it and that you can say things through mods, you feel it's not exactly wasted time. Sometimes you say silly things, sometimes it's serious, sometimes it's romantic and sometimes it's all about fears. And... it's still fun.

Mod as long as you know it's giving you something and there are things you think may need some attention or themes that can be fun to play with and... perhaps there's some message you want to send? You can do so many things.

Good luck with your mod! Cheers!

Well, here the last version of my mod, I've modified lightly the Amulet of Mystra, now it provides Cleansing Aura and is for the spell casters - divine & arcane - only. Enjoy ! I'll play an IWDEE 2.6  session with it soon.

Thank you for your help, Lava, and I hope that you'll succeed to create other mods of quality for the IE games in the future. And perhaps one day I'll encounter you in "flesh and bones", having known odd coincidences until now in my life.

PS: do you work for the software industry? This could explain that…

PPS: the BG2EE v2.6 French localization is horrible…

Kaya_v4aEE.rar

Edited by Prof Errata
corrected errors

Well, I need an help again : I'm unable to load the possibility to make the Edwin's amulet removable in my mod Kaya (cf my recent post - Kaya_v4aEE.rar) for BG2EE 2.6.6.0, after having put the following lines in the dialog.tra (French & English):

@10040    = ~Rendre l amulette d Edwin retirable (pour BG2EE/EET)?~

@10040    = ~Make Edwin's amulet droppable (for BG2EE/EET) ?~

and I need that the mod works in order to upgrade it for my 3° mod (Artemus Jansen Extraordinaire Smith). Here the .tp2 and the Debug files. and I think it's perhaps only a little problem of coding. So Lava - and the others modders  who read me too - if you are here, yours skills would be very  useful. Thank you by advance.

SETUP-KAYA.DEBUG setup-Kaya.tp2