Delainy - Yoshimo...

Userunfriendly

Yoshimo:

"Delainy, how adverse are you to...suggestions...on your poetry?"

Delainy:

"What do you mean Yoshimo?  If you find my voice grating, I apologize.  I won't deny that my music is appreciated by all.  Truth be known, I wouldn't know how to react if it was..."

Yoshimo:

"That is not what I meant.  Your voice is fine, but the nature of what you Faerunians call poetry...I would offer a suggestion, if you would be so kind to listen and judge it worthy of your attention."

Delainy:  *interested*

"What do you exactly mean?  I tried to master the styles I've encountered here, but even I know that there are more than any one bard could master."

Yoshimo:

"I am no poet, but the lines seem strained to my ear.  It is as if you try to cram as many words as possible into a line, when simplicity itself is most elegant.  If it got out that I even expressed...such...an interest...my reputation would suffer for it."

Delainy:  *gives a slight smile*

"You aren't exactly giving me a lot to work with.  Don't worry, I won't tell anyone your secret...but I think it is even simpler than that.  Tell me, Yoshimo, how long has it been since you last were home?"

Yoshimo:

"It has been a long time.  That is in the past, though, and Yoshimo lives for the future."

Delainy:  *slight tear in her eye*

"Whether you will say it or not, I will.  I miss my home.  Many is the night that I wish I can go back....but there is no going back..."

Yoshimo:

"I beg pardon for causing you to remember grief..."

Delainy:

"Forget it Yoshimo.  I don't need your apology, for not all memories are bittersweet..."

Delainy:  *smiles shyly*

"Tears for a tragic song

Recollections of a distant scape

Solace in thoughts of home..."

Yoshimo:

"Delainy...that was..."

Delainy:

"Sorry if it wasn't what you were looking for Yoshimo..."

of course delainey would recite a haiku for yoshimo...

wonderful, wonderful dialog...

all the things that yoshimo fans would go for...the hidden angst of a traitor who likes not his lot...yearning for home, for a happier, and simpler time...

sigh...

great stuff, i really liked the haiku!!! :D  :D  :D

Archived