Something is wrong with my installation (at least I hope so)

Ok, guys. The issue I really tracked is: My small group did meet Mutamin (the gnome with a favor for petrification). His second action after mirror image was Horrid Wilting. Ok, he is a necromancer, but he is level 6. Having this spell (checked his cre) and using DW#MG381.BCS this is a result of SCS. The question is now: why on earth do you provide a level 6 mage with such a script/spell??? This is cheesy by definition.

Tenya (Level 5) and the assassin in Nashkell cast Aerial Servants... (DW#PR306.bcs assigned). Silke (Level 10) uses Power Word Blind (DW#MG578.BCS assigned), no problem to kill her with a Level 1/2 group, but... 

I'm, using SCS 33.7 installed after EET (weidu-log attached); the version linked in the EET compatibility list.  

And it looks like that SCS is not paying attention which level a spellcaster is and is just using the same script for everyone. 

Now the question is: what is wrong with my installation? Or is this really intended? Difficulty level is "improved" by the ... 

btw: HasItem("extheal",Myself) in the mage script is buggy, because my installation doesn't include this item. 

WeiDU.log

Can't figure out what's going wrong. Are you sure it wasn't a mod you installed to BGEE which added the spells to these characters (considering that you fiddled with EET's mod importer last week)?

SCS scripts are generated from the spellbook's actual content, so yes, it is SCS which enables the use of these spells but I don't think that it was also SCS which added them.

The Mutamin in my installation has Mirror image, Ghost Armor, Remove Magic, Magic Missile, Blindness, Charm Person, Chromatic Orb, Sleep, Power Word: Sleep, Melf's Acid arrow, Glitterdust, Monster Summoning I and Icelance only. My Silke also has Minor Sequencer (loaded with Charm Person), Mirror Image, Haste, Ghost Armor, Invisibility, Vocalize, Chromatic Orb, Sleep, Magic Missile, Charm Person, Power Word: Sleep, Dire Charm, Hold Person, Emotion: Hopelessness and Confusion only.

Also not relevant to this discussion, but: your installation order is wrong, NPC_EE can't pick up kits which were installed after it and should be installed after all the kits have been installed.

Adding my logs for reference.

WeiDU.log 

WeiDU-BGEE.log

BGEE I will check (easy catch; edit: done, in BGEE part nothing is changed), but I'm pretty sure it is not one the mods there. But there might be one or another mod in EET log that might have added the spells (not mentioned in the description). I will check previous installations if added spells can be found there (then it is one of the mods I'm usually installing); if not it is one of the mod that are "new" (for my installation). 

Edited by maus

Well, I can certainly confirm that's a bug! What's causing it isn't so obvious to me. SCS's mage-processing goes like this:

1) Adjust the mage's level, on the basis of the spells they actually have learned (in-game levels aren't always reliable; if someone's listed as L18 but only has Magic Missile SCS assumes it's wrong).

2) Allocate spells appropriate to their level and kit. This is destructive: existing spells get wiped (after being checked at stage 1 when we're adjusting levels).

3) Build a script appropriate to those spells. (For reasons of procesing time, the script only tries to cast spells that the creature actually has). Scripts like dw#mg381 are autogenerated, and which one is assigned to which creature will vary from install to install.

In this case, the allocation of spells is clearly badly wrong (and the script is then responding to that badly-wrong set). Normally when that happens, it's because something has gone wrong with SCS's determining of level. For instance, if some other mod had given Mutamin Horrid Wilting, then SCS would see it and think 'aha, he must be at least 16th level', and then would give him a set of spells to match. But it sounds like that can't be the case here, because you say Mutamin is still 6th level when you check his cre file (just to check, is that checking post-SCS that he's still 6th level?) So I'm not quite sure what's going on. I suggest you uninstall SCS, look at Mutamin's cre file, and see if it's odd in any way (e.g. what spells does he have).

(It's always possible there's just some bug in SCS's mage system - but I think that's unlikely, as I'd be inundated with messages!)

Incidentally, extheal isn't a bug (iirc). Some versions of the game have it; for those that don't, it's harmless.

Ok, here we go. I checked Mutamin and Silke yet with changelog (weidu --log nul --change-log silke.cre > silke-log.txt)

I got the attached logs. Obviously it is SCS which adds the spells.

Final levels are:

Silke: 10/5/1

Mutamin 6/1/1

I also got 6 Mutamin-cres and 4 Silke-cres extracted. The spells are added for both in the latest version of the cre (according to the logs that would be "Smarter Mages"). Levels are the same for all cres. 

Let's check for the steps David mentioned: 

1) SIlke is Leve 10, highest memorized level is level 4 (improved invisibility) -> maybe no reason to change things

2) well, there should be now some more spells... but the wrong ones or too many (I have seen the script with wipe out); nothing to trace here

3) yeah, Silke doesn' have a script at the beginning, just a silke.bcs to trigger the dialogue; after generalAI she got DW#silke.bcs; after smarter mages she has additionally DW#MG578.bcs (the fighting script, the other is just also initiating dialogue)

So the analysis would be that for my installation the levels of the spellcasters have been read inaccurate or the additional spells have not "stopped" at the right level. 

Maybe David can recognize something with Silke's actual spell list: 

9: Imprisonment, PowerWord: Kill

8: PowerWord: Blind, Abi-Dalzim, Maze

7: Mordenkain, Prismatic Spray, PowerWord: Stun

6: Chain Lightning,  Death Spell, PowerWord: Silence 

5: Domination, Chaos, Missile Storm (mod)

4: Emotion, Spider Spawn, Confusion

3: Monster Summoning, Hold Person, Dire Charm

2: Horror, PowerWord: Sleep, Melfs

1: Charm Person, Sleep, MM

Next from top down: DW#MS4

next block of spells:

Vocalize, Shield, Mirror Image, Haste

I would guess, that the last block (Vocalize, Shield, MI, Haste) are the ones that should have been added with the extra DW#-Spell, and the other from 1-9 are the unintend ones? But looking at Graions list for Silke that is not really plausible? 

mutami-log.txt silke-log.txt

Edited by maus

Another approach: comparing Graions log with mine there a lot of differences but one specific: I reduced XP for killing creatures to 75% and he did not. 

But according to the description of the procedure the XP value is not analyzed?

Another difference may be the WeiDU Version. I was using WeiDU 247 for the installation of stratagems. In the zip-file there is a different version applied (looks like 246). 

Well can't detect more differences that could cause this error... 

Edited by maus

Well, I applied the GrimJim Fix and re-installed smarter Mages. And due to the installation order I also reinstalled smarter Priests automatically. 

Checking Mutamin and Silke they have now the spells memorized they should. 

AND(!) Tenya (who has been using Aerial Servant as her first spell) now does not have this spell in one of her cre-files. 

I have no problems to accept, that the GrimJim Fix fixed the mages, but the priests too? 

Or my problem simply was a hickup during the installation and the reinstallation just made everything normal?

Well I guess we can't decide this... 

I will test now ingame if everything is fine.