What are my options for pretending to strip the party?

I'm making a cutscene where the party is held prisoner behind bars. Naturally, they should appear there without their armor, weapons, helmets and shields. I would rather not strip them for real, even though there is a chest nearby where I could stash all of the equipment. Recovering the items one by one and putting them all back again on the characters is not something the player should be forced through without a reason. It would be better to make the party look naked instead. What are my options? I've written on the board here about my discovery that XEquipItem can be used with an empty item field to unequip slots from the outside, armor included, but that action is only for the EEs, and besides, however I contrive to really make them put armor, weapons and helmets in the backpack, there is a possibility that they may not have free slots there, and then the items will be dropped on the ground. This being a movie that shortly takes the party to another place, they will never get them back. There is an action I have hopes for, VEquip, which should make the characters look as if they are wearing no armor, but how does it work? I try all sorts of values there, and Ajantis' chain mail still looks like a chain mail. I can scroll through armor looks with the keyboard, but the action isn't working for me. For the weapons, at least, I have a solution - a temporary Create item to make them switch to a magic weapon without an animation. This doesn't make them unequip shields, though, even if this pseudoweapon is flagged two-handed.

There's an opcode that can create a clone of target actor. Params can be set to not duplicate original's equipment.

If all you need is to show the party behind bars, perhaps shouting some OTs, then it should suffice. Otherwise I don't remember if you can directly control the clones via script.