Does SetGabber() not work?

Lauriel

In a dialogue with an NPC, I wanted it to switch to whom it was speaking.  For instance, in a multiplayer game, having it switch focus from Player1 to Player2 (using 'DO ~SetGabber(Player2)~ GOTO NextState'). It didn't seem to work.  Player 1 is still the one that responds.  I had to do a 'DO ~StartDialogue(Player2)~ EXIT' for a response action to get the it work properly.

Did I do something wrong?  Does it not work?  I searched through all the dialogues using NI and its only used in AATAQAH.DLG so there's not a lot of examples to go by.

Actions in dialogues don't always go into effect right away. Anecdotally, I feel like you need to go through a state or two until the actions are processed, e.g. if I set a variable in a dialogue, I usually need a line or two until I can reliably check the newly-set variable.

(And before anyone points it out: actions not in instant.ids get queued for post-dialogue, but SetGabber is in instant.)