set level to zero

When I do this:

ChangeStat(LastSummonerOf(Myself),"LEVEL",0,SET)
ChangeStat(LastSummonerOf(Myself),"LEVEL2",0,SET)
ChangeStat(LastSummonerOf(Myself),"LEVEL3",0,SET)

...the game crashes. I know that's a little weird, and unusual, but if anyone has any experience with this and can think of a way to become level zero inside the game, I'd appreciate it.

(The goal is to do something like SCS NPC customization, but triggered by an in-game spell.)

Yes there is also:

ChangeStat(LastSummonerOf(Myself),"MAXHITPOINTS",3,SET)

This works fine on Jaheira, she becomes a 6th-level druid with 3 hit points. I would like to make her 0-level druid with 3 hit points, largely because, as I understand it, if you level someone up from level 0 to level 1, you get to choose proficiencies and thief skills as if creating a new character. Based on a quick perusal of what SCS does, there does not seem to be any problem setting LEVEL to zero in the .CRE file itself, during mod installation, and then leveling up from there in the game. So there's nothing particular about being level zero that kills you. (And I'm less concerned with character death than, as noted in the post, with a crash-to-desktop.)

But the signature characteristic of my mod is that it does all these things in-game, rather than through Weidu. Well, it does that for all changes except changing your class. I am trying to bring the class-change aspect of NPC customization in-line with the other aspects already in my mod.

I suppose I could use other methods to deal with proficiencies and skills. It's clunkier and would be more work, though...

31 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

This works fine on Jaheira, she becomes a 6th-level druid with 3 hit points. I would like to make her 0-level druid with 3 hit points, largely because, as I understand it, if you level someone up from level 0 to level 1, you get to choose proficiencies and thief skills as if creating a new character.

But... that doesn't set her maximum hit points to 3... it sets her max hitpoints to indexed of 3... which if you look in Near Infinity or just ShadowKeeper, is likely something completely different. And remove the 6 levels, which usually is about 60 hit point, and ups they are dead.

45 minutes ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

But... that doesn't set her maximum hit points to 3... it sets her max hitpoints to indexed of 3...

Wut?

45 minutes ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

, and ups they are dead.

Which, again, is irrelevant because i’m not experiencing character death but a game crash. I don’t care about character death. If that happens I can handle it

4 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

When I do this:

ChangeStat(LastSummonerOf(Myself),"LEVEL",0,SET)
ChangeStat(LastSummonerOf(Myself),"LEVEL2",0,SET)
ChangeStat(LastSummonerOf(Myself),"LEVEL3",0,SET)

...the game crashes. I know that's a little weird, and unusual, but if anyone has any experience with this and can think of a way to become level zero inside the game, I'd appreciate it.

Which game are you trying this on?  Its working fine an all EE games.