ie_android mod testing

If you use the version of EET I linked to in my post, it skips the .key merge. Actually, Android BG2EE is on patch 2.6 so you’re better off using EET v13 and editing it to not biff any files. (This can be done with install-time arguments, or by editing the .tp2 file.) This way you can leave chitin.key alone and all of the BG1/SoD files go in /override.

EET with no biffing has about 30,000 files in /override. My mod list adds another ~60,000 on top of that. The iOS app is very nicely optimized, it doesn’t bat an eye at an override folder with 90,000 files. So there's really no need to biff anything. YMMV with the Android version. And of course the hardware matters a lot too. 

Edited by subtledoctor

@In_A_Graveyard soo i think i may have managed to get biffing working!. Transfer the modified eet data folder to the obb folder including the modified chitin.key. make sure you rename the original chitin.key on the main obb file like the dialog.tlk to avoid conflicts.

Edited by Agerio

@Agerio

Currently, the set-up that last time allowed me to succesfully complete the eet install is now getting a string out of bounds error that I don't recall encountering.

I'll attach the modified eet I'm using. https://github.com/michael-bashrc/eet_android

I have had to manually create my own sod-dlc.zip from the sod obb's, then use dlc merger on bg1. That still seems to be working.

I'll post if I find a solution. I'm also looking into SubtleDoc's EET fork to see what it does as well.

If you need a more detailed write-up of my process so far, I'd be happy too. Just let me know.

Edited by In_A_Graveyard

@subtledoctor,

I'm struggling to find out how I am able to skip biffing during install of eet. I looked into the auto install -b flag that can be used, but I don't run Windows or Mac (Linux and Android), so I typically just use weinstall to install all my mods manually. Is there a way that you know of to apply that flag/argument without having to use the pre-made executable/command? Hope that's halfway clear.

Thanks!

7 hours ago, In_A_Graveyard said:

@subtledoctor,

I'm struggling to find out how I am able to skip biffing during install of eet. I looked into the auto install -b flag that can be used, but I don't run Windows or Mac (Linux and Android), so I typically just use weinstall to install all my mods manually. Is there a way that you know of to apply that flag/argument without having to use the pre-made executable/command? Hope that's halfway clear.

Thanks!

I went into the .tp2 file and commented out a bunch of stuff. Of course you have to be fairly comfortable with .tp2 files to do that.

EDIT - you could try using my Frankenstein's monster mix of EETv12 and EETv13. It is based on a version that Graion Dilach adapted from v12, with some stuff from v13 in, and then I pulled in a bunch more stuff from v13. It has biffing disabled and executable-patching disabled. It is designed to be, in essence, a v13 that does not change any internal data or executable structure, and still works on the 2.5 patch. (Since iOS games are currently stuck on the 2.5 patch.) But it should work fine on a 2.6 game as well - as far as I can tell.

I'm using it right now on my iPad - using the BG2EE app but playing the BG1 campaign. I've cleared the bottom of the map and I'm about to head to the Bandit Camp. No problems so far. The day/night transition is quick - like someone switching off a light switch - but I gather that's the cost of disabled the executable patching.

Edited by subtledoctor
5 hours ago, In_A_Graveyard said:

@Agerio

Currently, the set-up that last time allowed me to succesfully complete the eet install is now getting a string out of bounds error that I don't recall encountering.

I'll attach the modified eet I'm using. https://github.com/michael-bashrc/eet_android

I have had to manually create my own sod-dlc.zip from the sod obb's, then use dlc merger on bg1. That still seems to be working.

I'll post if I find a solution. I'm also looking into SubtleDoc's EET fork to see what it does as well.

If you need a more detailed write-up of my process so far, I'd be happy too. Just let me know.

I've encountered that out of bounds error (mostly the 0 byte type errors) when i was installing mods before, usually i just try again or restart my phone to fix this issue also thank you for the links!.

Edited by Agerio

@In_A_Graveyardi just managed to run bgee with sod with your link but I've encountered some problems like invalid texts at sod intro movies, names on top of the npcs etc and i'm unable to switch to bgee and game freezes and crashes when you click import. Also i'm unable to install eet due to your provided modified eet not having anything other than the tp2 and some text files.

On 7/14/2022 at 4:12 AM, In_A_Graveyard said:

Just as i mentioned above, your modified eet doesn't have the necessary files to function, i would appreciate it if you update it.

On 7/14/2022 at 4:12 AM, In_A_Graveyard said:

Sure thing!.