Looking for one or two testers

I'm looking for a tester or two to try my mostly-finished mod for BGEE. I test them all in every way I can think of myself, but mistakes still creep up. Sometimes files may be missing from the installation without my knowing, because I have them in override, for example. A second opinion, on errors and parts of gameplay that definitely don't work, would be helpful. I'm working on another mod right now, so there is no rush with this one, and a portion of it is yet to be written, but having someone look into it at the same time would pull the publishing date closer. Send me a message if you are interested. The mod is being written on a 32-bit computer, so the 2.6 version of the engine is not required.

On 3/8/2022 at 4:40 PM, In_A_Graveyard said:

I wouldn't mind doing some testing for you @temnix. I have a couple environments I can try it out in. Where can I find it? Might be closer to the weekend before I get much time, though.

What do you mean by environments?

My mods are for the PC. Whether they work on another operating system is unimportant. I need testers to find bugs, spot missing code, projectiles that fly to a wrong place and so on.

I still need a tester or several. This mod is going to be my last or at most second to last, or real this time, and it's big. Overall I have tried to give people something to do besides killin' thangs. A lot of the mod has to do with magic, and I used up about every unusual application of the engine for the new spells and effects; the rest was left in my other mods. Here I have priest and wizard spells that bring spiders from the sky, give people perfect bodies for money, lay out fields of poppy by day and nightshade by night, throw lightning on the end of arrows, rewind time, build mirror labyrinths, lead pursuers to snake pits, grow phantom trees that drop fruit, discover secrets, sacrifice innocents and more. Besides this I have Jump, Alarm, Blink and other staples from the AD&D Player's Handbook. There are also some special abilities: wizards can cast any spell from the book without memorizing it with a very, very long casting time, bards can spot and learn spells, skills and monster abilities used around them - and teach each other, if the player takes the time. I improved the effects and sounds of Entangle, Web and Grease and designed more tactically convenient "patch-based" versions of them. I will also try to incorporate my Animate Dead revamps from the unfinished "Animate Dead Now," where the dead can be raised as zombies or resurrected outside the party, and corpses on the ground rot, stink and infect the characters near them with a variety of diseases. These changes and additions will work in any Enhanced Edition game, IWDEE included, but there are quest elements specifically for the first BG, too. The party can crack and use up Dradeel's and Ulcaster's books as well as the book of Yago, whose quest with Brielbara and Coran, and his backstory, have been written out in full. New people will appear at the Nashkel fair, and to be made are a couple of proper new quests of my own.

I'll give a few screenshots. But the tester needs to be committed to helping me with this and not bolt for the slightest reason out there or drop out because he no longer feels like it.

Spiders.jpg

FG.jpg

Time.jpg

131261824_.jpg.c132d5d186f774055521e80694fc1f17.jpg

Ice.jpg

Bodies.jpg.55d02c83ab7b99b4c62d3946acd1f4c2.jpg

Cloudburst.thumb.jpg.011c4758ede5b2cd209f4e7ee764b1bd.jpg

Entangle.thumb.jpg.a0f11aec26420f41a412d076a338babd.jpg