A question for those with the BG Trilogy

temnix

Suppose you are playing the first game, walking around there, and then use the console to transport the party to Irenicus' dungeon? Is that going to trigger second game starting conditions, put Charname in the cage, set chapter to 1 and so on?

I just tested this on my BGT game. The party arrives at the NW corner of the area, at which point the cutscene begins, although Charname is not in the cage. After Irenicus finishes his monologue,  Imoen appears and goes off in search of Charname in order to attempt initiate her dialogue. Presumably Imoen's path to Charname is blocked since dialogue is never initiated, and the game just hangs in the cutscene.

If one is quick, the game can be paused just before the cutscene begins and Ctrl-J can be used to jump the party into room where Irenicus initially appears, after which the game behaves normally, the chapter is set to 1, etc.

On 3/18/2022 at 10:15 AM, temnix said:

did the other party members get kicked out when you teleported? Did you lose the equipment? Did you get an XP bump?

The party remained intact; in fact I ended up with two Imoens in the party. Equipment was lost. No XP bump occurred.