CLAB files for kitless wizards and bards

temnix

Thanks for the info. The straight bard file is not listed in the guide's kit section at all, by the way. And I have no CLABMA* files at all on my unmodded BGEE, for any of the wizards. I'm patching them blindly, going by the names they are all supposed to have.

Edited by temnix

If there's no CLAB there at all where the game looks for one (based on the values in KITLIST.2DA), the game treats it as an empty list - no abilities granted. So a COPY_EXISTING might not work, but you can create a new CLABMA**.2DA file and it'll do what you expect.

No, this is the problem. If I create my own CLABMA01, it's going to overwrite any other there. And this particular file is not connected to wizards other than the wild mage in KITLIST, the sorcerer is not on any of the lines, plus CLABBA01, as I said, is not mentioned. The engine must look somewhere else if it relates those file names to those "kits". As long as I can APPEND by name using a GLOB mask, there will be no missing-file problems, however. Or just with IF_EXISTS.

Unkitted classes always use clabxx01.2da - it is never listed in kitlist (you don't see clabfi01.2da or clabth01.2da there either). The unkitted sorcerer thing is just a hardcoded weirdness from when they shoehorned that class into the engine.

As far as overwriting, just have a conditional check:

• if file doesn't exist, copy in my blank version, then patch it
  • if the file does exist, patch it