Question to install order (EET)

Mordekaie

I was just checking my "work in progress" EET load order, and i found out that Ajantis BG1 Expansion  is installed after Sir Ajantis NPC for BGII by Jastey.

I moved Sir Ajantis NPC for BGII to be installed before Hidden Adventures (for the "Anomen's extended plot"), and also before BG1NPC Project (as the second optional component will install the BeamDog inventory BAM for Ajantis' family shield (green dragon on golden ground). If not installed, the BG1NPC Project shield graphic will be used)

Ajantis BG1 Expansion, on the other hand should be installed after Endless BG1, Transitions  and after BG1NPC Project (as indicated in the readme).

I was wondering, as i usually try to install an NPC mod for BG1 before its "continuation" mod for BG2.

To get to the point : is it a problem to install Ajantis for BG1 after Ajantis for BG2 ? Any issue with the continuity ? Both mods also propose alternative kits for Ajantis. Should i just eventually select an alternative for Ajantis BG1 and don't select any kit for Ajantis BG2 ?

Edited by Mordekaie

You don't have to consider install order for Ajantis BG2 and Bg1NPC. It's unrelated. The component "BeamDog shield BAM" will replace the one from BG1NPC regardless install order. Plus, the BAM used in the BGII mod has a different name than in BG1NPC (i.e. it is doubled to make it independent since the Ajantis BG2 mod also works for a standalone BG2 game).

it should be ok to install Ajantis Bg1 after AjantisBG2, both mods check for each other with regard to EET transition. It feeels wird for me too, though. 😅

Keep in mind that Ajantis Bg2 uses a different cre than Ajantis BG1. I didn't consider a continuous BG1-> BGII game when writing it (it was before BGT got big), so the mods only recognize continuity with regard to the story, not Ajantis' stats etc. This also means that if you want to give him a different kit, you'll have to do it for the BG1 and BGII cres separately. I hope this answers your questions.