Need help with item revision mod!!!

I'm running on ee baldursgate

I have the mods installed in program files86, steam, steam apps, common, baldur's gate 2.

I have the mods in with the Chitten key, I have the item revision folder, and the exe.

I'm running it on windows. I updated to 2.6 but my some stuff was running on 2.5 (scs, tweaks)

I haven't re downloaded those yet.

Does it work on bg1 or only bg2?

The issue I keep running into is whenever i run item revision mod. It goes to English=0, mod guide yes or no, then it immediately goes to skipping everything. And says (this component is not compatible with your game) press enter to exit

please help!!!

Screenshot_20220419-171743_Reddit.jpg

... I can't say anything nice to someone who ends up posting a phone photo which even lacks the Steam folder to able to identify the issue. That text you're showing can be copy-pasted to a TXT, there's a button called PrintScreen on your keyboard and there's even the Snipping Tool in Windows since Vista.

Item Upgrade is BG2 only.

17 hours ago, MR1254 said:

installed in program files86

I think this is generally frowned upon? I'm not on Windows but I understand putting the games in Program Files can cause permissions issues when installing mods.

Also keeping it in the Steam folder can cause Steam to update the game without warning (so I hear), destroying your modded install. If it's like MacOS, you can simply copy the whole game folder and executable somewhere else, and run it from there. Maybe?

But, reading between the lines, I think this is the real issue here:

17 hours ago, MR1254 said:

I updated to 2.6 but my some stuff was running on 2.5 (scs, tweaks)

Updating the game while mods are installed will leave an unmodded shell of the game folder, probably with a weidu.log and weidu.conf files which now have incorrect information. I would do a full clean reinstall of the entire game, making sure nothing related to mods or Weidu is left in the game folder; then download mods afresh (for IR get this version) and install them again. In the right order (IR goes before Tweaks and SCS). And then start a new game. And then don't change anything until you are ready to start another new game.

Program Files (x86) is frowned upon not just because that folder requires admin permissions to touch, but because it can trigger SysWOW64 (the x86 subsystem collecting the 32-bit system libraries and dependencies on x64 systems) which the 2.6 games no longer need since they are on x64.

All three of these online shops (Steam/Epic/GoG galaxy) prompt about auto-updates during game installation so it is easy to overlook that setting. Yes, the Win builds are also as portable as the Mac builds.

Thank you so much for the replies. I'll try all of this and make sure I post a clearer picture and more details about what I am doing. I was not near internet yesterday and only had my phone. I made my account yesterday to post this.

I will delete everything and re download it and start from scratch. 

P.s. my real issue was I wanted to cast mage spells with no penalties while wearing armour. If there is a different way or easier way, I would love to hear it. I'll repost in a different thread if that's the best way.

Thanks again I learned alot just from your few replies I'll try all this when I get back to the hotel tonight.