Questions about transitioning from bg 1 to bg2 in bgt.

Do you get to keep all items in the inventory? What specific items you are able to bring in addition if we compare bgt with importing fro bg1 to bg2 in the original game?Would permadead companions come back in bg2?also if you dual imoen at lvl 6 to mage in bg1 do you get the lvl6 thief mage version or lv7 thief mage version in bg2?

Also, is it possible to import saves that have finished the bg1 part to bg2 part directly as if importing from vanilla bg1, in case transitioning from bg 1 to bg2 via the ingame method goes awry? Would it cause problems this way?

Do you get to keep all items in the inventory?

Yes and no. Yes, because the items are there at the beginning technically (and get considered for whatever items the inventory gets checked). No, because you wake up in a dungeon having lost all items except for a few you'll recover inside the dungeon as per original design. There is mods to increase the amount of recovered items I think.

What specific items you are able to bring in addition if we compare bgt with importing fro bg1 to bg2 in the original game?

BGT itself considers only items the original BGII considers, as well.

Would permadead companions come back in bg2?

Yes. All characters are available in the BGII part like they are in the original BG2 game, i.e. alive. The continuous party members Jaheira, Minsc, and Imoen will be revived and you will meet the exact ones you left in BG1. The other former NPCs that can no longer join will be the BGII creature files they are in BG2.

if you dual imoen at lvl 6 to mage in bg1 do you get the lvl6 thief mage version or lv7 thief mage version in bg2?

Imoen will be exactly like you left her. Maybe she gets an XP boost but I am not sure.

is it possible to import saves that have finished the bg1 part to bg2 part directly as if importing from vanilla bg1, in case transitioning from bg 1 to bg2 via the ingame method goes awry? Would it cause problems this way?

I don't know. If the transition goes wrong there is always the possibility to replay the end fight against Sarevok. EDIT: Well, you can also start a new BG2 playthrough in a BGT game. I guess you can import a save there like in original BG2.