tobex
bg2fixpack
1pp
bg1unfinished business
unfinished business
tweak anthology
bgt bgm
wide screen
the bigg biffing i reinstalled tobex since some of the options dependent on it was bugged out.  When i try to create a new bg1 game in bgt, an error message shows up

[Sat 07 May 2022 19:49:21] ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x9F5B37 File: ChVidPal.cpp Line: 1415 Expression: m_pPalette != NULL Message: (null)

any idea why it is so? 

Edited by jacklhoward
12 minutes ago, Greenhorn said:

So, you reinstalled Tobex after you finished installation without uninstalling biffing before that if I understood you correctly? 

yes. i used setup-tobex.exe to reinstal and did not bother with uninstalling any other mod. i have been taught before that weidu programme does the uninstalling and reinstalling of the mods after the one you reinstal automatically 

7 minutes ago, jacklhoward said:

yes. i used setup-tobex.exe to reinstal and did not bother with uninstalling any other mod. i have been taught before that weidu programme does the uninstalling and reinstalling of the mods after the one you reinstal automatically 

Generally true, unless you biffed your install at the end in which case you must uninstall biffing without exceptions before any changing of other mods.  

22 minutes ago, Greenhorn said:

Generally true, unless you biffed your install at the end in which case you must uninstall biffing without exceptions before any changing of other mods.  

so now what shouldi do? unbiff the game and reinstal tobex? do I need to reinstal other mods too? is it better to just do a clean reinstal of the game and start from scratch at this point?

also does edits from other mods after the tobex in installation order to the .exe automatically get updated if you reinstal tobex?

Edited by jacklhoward
13 minutes ago, jacklhoward said:

is it better to just do a clean reinstal of the game and start from scratch at this point?

Considering that you have application crush I think this would be best. You can try to uninstall mods one by one starting with Biffing ( last one) until first one, too. Then install Tobex, check if the game work, fixpack, BGT with music right after,  check if game works,  1pp, check if game works, then you are good. And check if game work before and after biffing. 

47 minutes ago, Greenhorn said:

Considering that you have application crush I think this would be best. You can try to uninstall mods one by one starting with Biffing ( last one) until first one, too. Then install Tobex, check if the game work, fixpack, BGT with music right after,  check if game works,  1pp, check if game works, then you are good. And check if game work before and after biffing. 

by the way, in view of tweak anthology removing the exotic item addition from the package, how do I go on adding those bg2 exotic items to the game? the readme of tweak anthology mentioned that that component was moved to a mod called Calling. is it safe to install that mod alongside my mods since its relatively new and there might be problems with compatibility? should i install that mod after my tweak anthology mod or before? thx

13 minutes ago, jacklhoward said:

by the way, in view of tweak anthology removing the exotic item addition from the package, how do I go on adding those bg2 exotic items to the game? the readme of tweak anthology mentioned that that component was moved to a mod called Calling. is it safe to install that mod alongside my mods since its relatively new and there might be problems with compatibility? should i install that mod after my tweak anthology mod or before? thx

Oh? He removed it completely from TA to Calling which means that " This component also fixes a known bug in the game, in that the merchant at Gullykin and the Helm temple in Nashkel shared the same store file" is available only there if it isn't already fixed by Fixpack. 🤔 Anyway Calling  had some issues which were supposed to be fixed in newest version, can't guarantee that it will work 100% bug free as I didn't tried it yet but you can install Exotic pack component separately it seems. If you decide to install it ( one or all components) best to do it before Anthology. 

1 hour ago, Greenhorn said:

Oh? He removed it completely from TA to Calling which means that " This component also fixes a known bug in the game, in that the merchant at Gullykin and the Helm temple in Nashkel shared the same store file" is available only there if it isn't already fixed by Fixpack. 🤔 Anyway Calling  had some issues which were supposed to be fixed in newest version, can't guarantee that it will work 100% bug free as I didn't tried it yet but you can install Exotic pack component separately it seems. If you decide to install it ( one or all components) best to do it before Anthology. 

ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x9F5B37 File: ChVidPal.cpp Line: 1415 Expression: m_pPalette != NULL Message: (null)

the same error message occured again when i uninstalled  and reinstalled tweak anthology and all other mods behind in installation order and installed the calling before them. i made sure to uninstall biffing beforehand but the error still happened. any idea why?

2 hours ago, jacklhoward said:

ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x9F5B37 File: ChVidPal.cpp Line: 1415 Expression: m_pPalette != NULL Message: (null)

the same error message occured again when i uninstalled  and reinstalled tweak anthology and all other mods behind in installation order and installed the calling before them. i made sure to uninstall biffing beforehand but the error still happened. any idea why?

Yes . You should uninstall ( and not reinstall them) all mods in your installation by exact order you installed them first time. And then you should install Tobex  again first and check if you can start the game. Which you didn't do.  

Edited by Greenhorn
17 minutes ago, Greenhorn said:

Yes I do. You should uninstall ( and not reinstall them) all mods in your installation by exact order you installed them first time. And then you should install Tobex  again first and check if you can start the game. Which you didn't do.  

does that mean i need to uninstall every mod if i want to insert another mod in my installation order?

why is that necessary? couldnt i uninstall them in reverse one by one until the one after the desired mod to be installed is removed, and then installed the desired mod - again install every othermod that comes after until its done.

40 minutes ago, jacklhoward said:

does that mean i need to uninstall every mod if i want to insert another mod in my installation order?

why is that necessary? couldnt i uninstall them in reverse one by one until the one after the desired mod to be installed is removed, and then installed the desired mod - again install every othermod that comes after until its done.

It is necessary my good chap because you have  ASSERTION FAILED crash to desktop and you can't play your game until you uninstall every mod and install them again in correct order. You must first find which mod cause Assertion failed. It can be simple reason like wrong install order ( should be Tobex, Fixpack, BGT + music then rest ) or something more complicated ( maybe you didn't install extended color palete from 1pp  for example ). Your current install gone to hell after you reinstalled from Tobex that why I wrote you to either start from scratch or uninstall all mods and then install one by one to see which one cause that error.  

2 hours ago, Greenhorn said:

How do I know the right mod order? It is necessary my good chap because you have  ASSERTION FAILED crash to desktop and you can't play your game until you uninstall every mod and install them again in correct order. You must first find which mod cause Assertion failed. It can be simple reason like wrong install order ( should be Tobex, Fixpack, BGT + music then rest ) or something more complicated ( maybe you didn't install extended color palete from 1pp  for example ). Your current install gone to hell after you reinstalled from Tobex that why I wrote you to either start from scratch or uninstall all mods and then install one by one to see which one cause that error.  

how do I test whether its causing troubles? I am only crashing right now when i am creating a new game. how would i know whether its going to have assertion failed error midgame or so? also is there a way to know compatibility issues when they are not mentioned by mod readmes?

Edited by jacklhoward