Cod when creating a new game modded by tobex

Just now, jacklhoward said:

how do I test whether its causing troubles? I am only crashing right now when i am creating a new game. how would i know whether its going to have assertion failed error midgame or so? also is there a way to know compatibility issues when they are not mentioned by mod readmes?

Install one by one mod. After each new mod you install try to start new game in BG1. If you don't get crash, proceed to another until you encounter crash. For start uninstall all your mods in chronological order how you installed them. Then on  unmodded, patched ( you patched it right ?) Throne of Bhaal start new game. If it works install Tobex. If it works install Fixpack then BGT + music. Start new Bg1 game. If it works install 1pp. If it works install the rest and  check can you start new game before and after biffing. If you encounter crash on any of these steps send report which mod caused problems. It is possible  than your game got borked after your first re -installation of Tobex. In that case uninstall game and install it again. Tobex first, followed by Fixpack then BGT+ music. After that all other stuff. Rest of your questions can be answered after you are able to start game normally. And you probably didn't enabled console right? No matter. 

I can't believe I skipped my supper for this but installed oBG1, Tobex, Fixpack and BGT with music. Works without problems. For original poster depending from were you got your ToB it may already be patched to v.26498 in which case patching is unnecessary. Phew, off to drink that bottle of white wine, I just need it after all this. :p