Walkthrus for bg1 unfinished business

I just met a peasant who told me someone is dumping waste in the wood of sharp teeth, aplace i have never heard before. What quest is that? is it some new place introduced by the mods? also i am quite annoyed that they stash some npcs in some secluded places like wilton inside the fishermens hut whos supposed to give you a cloak of protection for helping out farmer brun in fishing village. are there more to come and where do i find them?

On 5/10/2022 at 6:27 PM, jacklhoward said:

I just met a peasant who told me someone is dumping waste in the wood of sharp teeth, aplace i have never heard before. What quest is that? is it some new place introduced by the mods?

That random farmer who mentions the dumping of waste really bugged me. His comments have nothing to do with any quest, and the Wood of Sharp Teeth isn't a specific area on the world map. In the D&D world in which Baldur's Gate is set, the Wood of Sharp Teeth is a large area roughly six times the size of the Cloakwood that's located east of the coast way trade routes. So, anywhere that is both north and east of Beregost is either part of the Wood of the Sharp Teeth or located on its outskirts. The only thing I can think of that the dialogue might have been intended to refer to is the washed up barrels in the lakes in Peldvale.

On 5/10/2022 at 6:27 PM, jacklhoward said:

also i am quite annoyed that they stash some npcs in some secluded places like wilton inside the fishermens hut whos supposed to give you a cloak of protection for helping out farmer brun in fishing village. are there more to come and where do i find them?

Aside from farmer Wilton, the only UB encounter I can think of that can give an item and a journal entry, but which doesn't have its own separate component, is Corianna the ranger in the Beregost Temple area (south west east corner of the map).

Edited by The_Baffled_King
37 minutes ago, Trouveur80 said:

I always thought that this farmer was talking about the bandits, which camp is in the wood and not too far from the bridge.

Yes, I agree, but it's in a roundabout way.

His dialogue and the related journal entry focus on pollution. One of the two dialogue states where he doesn't just call you sarcastic bastards includes the sentence "Well if you're a bunch of heroes, maybe you could find out who's been dumping all their waste in the lakes 'round here".

So, I see the intent as "go to Peldvale (where there are lakes, with washed up barrels on the shores), find out that Peldvale is bandit central, find Raiken (if in Chapter 3)". The problem is that the farmer appears in an area without lakes, and his dialogue is pretty much useless to anyone who doesn't already know where the Wood of Sharp Teeth is.

While I don't agree with the criticism in the OP about farmer Wilton's placement, I think the farmer in Wyrm's Crossing is a terrible restoration.

1 hour ago, Trouveur80 said:

I always thought that this farmer was talking about the bandits, which camp is in the wood and not too far from the bridge.

I believe he was talking about Shilo-Chen's ogres. Go figure. Who were placed to different places in different versions of BG1UB. Not every addition by UB had quest tied meaning. Some characters are purely scenery.