A few questions about installation

Hi again,

I don’t know if this is the right board or not, but I’ll try posting here. I have a few questions about installation which I can’t seem to really find the answers to very easily:

1) If there’s an update to a mod (let’s say Might and Guile), do I have to uninstall all the other mods on top of it first, or can I just install the update? For example:

Layer Order:

a) Monks mod

b) Might and Guile

c) Blood and Tome

d) Tweaks

Do I have to uninstall Tweaks (d) first, and then Blood and Tome (c) , and then Might and Guile (b) before I install the update to Might and Guile? And then reinstall Blood and Tome, and then Tweaks again? If so, is there a faster way to do this than to answer all the questions again from scratch?

2) Can I install an update without losing my game and starting from scratch?

Thanks for any help, and I know it’s a newbie question but I couldn’t find a specific answer to it in this way.

Edited by TyrionBean

In the case of 1, you can actually reinstall the early mod, and WeiDU will uninstall everything after it, reinstall the mod, and then reinstall everything after it. In the case of 2: swapping mod loadouts (or reinstalling stuff for updates) in the middle of a game can usually lead to some issues.

In general, if I have to update something early in the mod stack I usually just start from a clean slate.

1 hour ago, CamDawg said:

In the case of 1, you can actually reinstall the early mod, and WeiDU will uninstall everything after it, reinstall the mod, and then reinstall everything after it. In the case of 2: swapping mod loadouts (or reinstalling stuff for updates) in the middle of a game can usually lead to some issues.

In general, if I have to update something early in the mod stack I usually just start from a clean slate.

Thanks! Much appreciated. 👍