Need help with an error message installing SCS on mac

Guest jgswbks

Guest jgswbks

Hi, I've been playing BG series on and off for a while and I always wanted to try few mods (especially tactical mods) but never got around to… I finally was able to install SCS on BGEE for the first time yesterday for a test run (with small number of other mods). I really liked the AI and decided to try an EET run with SCS along with many mods I always like to try someday. I followed the general direction in terms of order of installing and after many hours finally got to SCS… (SCS and aTwaek were the last two mods to install…) Sadly this time I encountered an error message with "Initialise AI components" which without it there is no reason to install SCS… The error message is below… I really appreciate it if you could help me solve the problem… 

––

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'

Resource [scrl07.spl] not found in KEY file:

[./chitin.key]

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components)], rolling back to previous state

Will uninstall  24 files for [stratagems/setup-stratagems.tp2] component 5900.

Uninstalled     24 files for [stratagems/setup-stratagems.tp2] component 5900.

ERROR: Failure("resource [scrl07.spl] not found for 'COPY'")

––

The mods I installed before SCS are in following order (not listing entire mods).  

- BG1EE mods (UB, couple of NPC mods) 
- EET
- Ascension
- Bunch of quests mods (about 10ish)
- NPCs, Banter Packs, Friendships
- UB2, Dingos Quest Pack, Jans Alchemy, etc
- Few Items & Merchants, Item Revision, IWDification, Spell Revision (partial install)
- Kits etc
- Songs and Silence, Sword and Fist, Faith and Power, Might_and_Guile etc 
- Item Revision, IWDification, Spell Revision (installing left over), 5e Spell Casting 
- Tweak Anthology 
- Scales of Balance and other tweaks 

I really appreciate any helps in advance! 

PS: I see "scrl07.spl" in "itm" folder inside of item revision folder… I am not sure if that matters thou… 

Would you be able to (zip up and) post the file 'SETUP-STRATAGEMS.DEBUG'? The 'initialize' component does a lot of things and I'd like to see exactly where that error occurs.

(I'm travelling right now so it may in any case take me a while to look; if others have suggestions then don't wait on me.)

I'm a longtime player of Baldur's Gate and stumbled on your SCS mod.  I'd love to give it a try but I'm running into errors with the installation.  I use a Mac with the latest update.  I downloaded BGEE and BGIIEE from steam.  When I try to execute the download I get this error message.

[C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\setup-stratagems.exe] WeiDU version 24900

Please run this program in your Infinity Engine game directory.

FATAL ERROR: Failure("Not a game directory")

Press ENTER to exit.

I've saved the files to This PC/Local Disk/Program Files/Steam/Steam Apps/Common the both of the BGEE and BGIIEE folders.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FYI, if checked out some of the threads and I couldn't find a fix there either.

Hi Wagon, I'm probably the least technically savvy person on this forum, but: those look like Windows directories, and not what you'd expect on a Mac. I'm not sure what to make of it, or how it's even possible to be reading that.

There are options available for Windows, Mac, and Linux when you go to download SCS. Could you have tried to install SCS with the Windows exe?

The only thing I can guess is that the installer is generating error messages with the assumption that you're using a Windows computer. Yet the directories look quite specific, which is confusing, considering they shouldn't exist on Mac.