Can AI spellcasters use Raise Dead/Resurrection?

39 minutes ago, DavidW said:

Pretty sure it works; however, they will have dropped any gear and it’s not straightforward to get them to pick it up.

What if the gear was set to be undroppable? For example a Fire Giant has its own weapon which cannot be dropped. Theoretically, would they then resume their actions per their own script?

Thank you for getting back to me

53 minutes ago, Moonboy187 said:

What if the gear was set to be undroppable? For example a Fire Giant has its own weapon which cannot be dropped. Theoretically, would they then resume their actions per their own script?

Thank you for getting back to me

Probably.

Undroppable gear stays on the creature after they die. You can see this with party members such as Nalia, Minsc, and Edwin. Creatures also do persist as objects in the area after they die (with STATE_DEAD). So it's theoretically possible; you could write scripts that target such creatures for Raise Dead and Resurrection.

It just isn't done by default. And if you do, I'd recommend sticking to pre-placed enemies. Enemies that get spawned in often get despawned after a while, which would mess with things.

Mass Raise Dead ... you'd have to make a new spell for that, as the original version targets the party regardless of who's casting it.