How to start IWD in EET

captehcj

1 hour ago, oraclex said:

pretty sure Heart of Winter is an optional thing. in the OP its is mentioned behind a spoiler tag :

*" Regarding the HOU ( let's just say this is the version of alpha 0.001, but the playable ). Due to the pulling of resources from the main mod, there may be a certain number of extra files that will in no way affect the operation of the game. The only limitation, if installed on the EET, the mod must be set after the EET and before installing the Trials of the Luremaster mod from Argent77. Otherwise, mod does not affect game files that could affect compatibility with other mods.""

Then again I might be miss understanding this bit of google translated stuff. I hope your right tho! save meddling with the install guide. 

Yes, you got it wrong, Heart of Winter  was just a prelude to the release of IWDinEET.

You can take a look in jounal.tra inside the lang folder and see some entries for Heart of Winter !

For Trials of Luremaster I am not so sure....

Edit: Some entries "Trials of the Luremaster" are in the journal.tra too !

Edited by JohnBob

With IWD1_EET and IWD2_EET installed, through the CLUAconsole I have access to Anauroch Castle and some of the "Trials of the Luremaster" entries are in the journal.tra of IWD_1 so yes I guess!

Edited by JohnBob
1 hour ago, JohnBob said:

Yes and no...

I did a lot of tests on this installation, working on the french translation, so it is not very reliable...

What is your question?

well not really a question per se, but more a confirmation if someone outside the Russian language got it playable.

I dont mind clua warping to locations if needed.  So if you say its all looking good, then I should just stop stalling, lol

I didn't really play, just testing the transition for both with the CLUA console...

I had a problem to install IWD1 with the version available in the first post of the topic on ArcaneCoast...

That's why I have indicated the other link, it is provided by a members of the Russian translation team...

If you try your luck you might be the first to give feedback on the playability !

Edited by JohnBob
2 hours ago, JohnBob said:

I didn't really play, just testing the transition for both with the CLUA console...

I had a problem to install IWD1 with the version available in the first post of the topic on ArcaneCoast...

That's why I have indicated the other link, it is provided by a members of the Russian translation team...

If you try your luck you might be the first to give feedback on the playability !

ok, I should have some time tomorrow and install it. have to be careful not to both my existing modded EET .. better backup in advance

@JohnBob could you list the CLUA command + area for the IWD and IWD2 starting location please. I finished installing but at the end I felt some of the mods did not install properly. Game is launching tho. tnx in advance!

EDIT

Actually I figured it out (IDxxxx for IWD1 and IWxxxx for IWD2)

So seems installation was a succes!! even I can continue with my save game ,currently still on Baldur's gate.

Im going to be enjoying this!

https://ibb.co/S3pDS0s

iwd2ineet.jpg

Edited by oraclex

Hello,

Good to see you find you way to Targos !

(Tipun mentions that IWD_EET is relatively independent from the rest of the game and should not be a problem with other mods)

As the screenshots are already made I post them with indications !

1. Hulgoth Beard !

Spoiler

IWD1.Transition.HulgothBeard.png

2. IWD1 Easthaven !

Spoiler

Easthaven.Start.CLUA.png

3. Copper Coronet ! (Horribly Ctrl-Y Nalia before she could ask for help.)

Spoiler

IWD2.Transition.CopperCoronet.png

4. IWD2 Targos Clua console arrival... 

Spoiler

Targos.Arrival.ng.png

When you got here better do a quick Ctrl-J to the location in the screenshot below and talk to Hedron Kerdos on the boat to start the game normally...

True 4. IWD2 True Targos !

Spoiler

Targos.Start.CLUA.png

Welcome to The Spine of the World !!!

Let's hope the adventure doesn't crash...

Spoiler

Targos.Worlmap%20-%20Copie.png

Edited by JohnBob

I've noticed a high pitched ringing in the music tracks of Icewind Dale. Icwind Dale EE doesn't have the problem and none of the other games on my EET install have issues either. Easthaven has the problem as well as some other tracks but not all.  It's only the music track as it disappears if I turn the music off but leave all other audio on.  I haven't been able to verify if the transitions actually work from baldur's gate to icewind dale because they are apparently only possible during certain chapters but I will give this a try and see how it goes. Using the console I have visited many locations and everything works.  Most of that long list of mods on the last page is just translation patches for Russian speaking versions of the game or optional components that are standard options for an EET install.  The link to the fixed EET version won't work very well with other mods.  I'd suggest downloading a fresh copy of EET from this forum to start things off.  The default EET map works fine with these as well as some other optional components like the SOD GUI option that EET always has.  Only 3 mods are actually needed to be installed in order to get everything working.

Icewind Dale in EET

Icewind Dale 2 in EET

Icewind-EET is supposed to add characters to the game that initiate transitions from Baldur's Gate to Icewind Dale.

Other than that you just need DLC merger and a fresh copy of EET to start things off as usual and then add the EET end to finish it up.  I'm playing with alot of mods so my installation took half the day to hammer out but I'm about to start the long journey through Baldur's Gate, TOTSC, Icewind Dale, Heart of Winter, Siege of Dragonspear, Baldur's Gate 2, Icewind Dale 2, Trials of the Lure master and finally Throne of Bhall.  On LOB mode it will probably take me a year lol.  Epic!

One bug I have noticed is that you can drink an entire stack of potions from your inventory while the game is paused.  Seems like something is broken there.  I'm pretty stoked to see this mod though and can hardly believe they are both installed and working as well as they are.  I'm starting a new game on LOB mode so it's going to be a while before I hit chapter 6 but I'm looking forward to beta testing this one.  I'll report any more bugs as I see them.  A big THANK YOU to everyone who worked on this.  

Edited by the_sextein

I did multiple installs trying to figure out what I needed and didn't need.  I did end up installing trials of the luremaster seperately from tipun's because I don't want to start it until TOB due to the OP weapons that you get there.  The stand alone TOTLM allows you to play it pretty much any time during the trilogy and it didn't cause any install problems.  I installed Tipun's mods at the very start of my modding and I installed Argent's TOTLM at the end right before SCS.  Everything seems to be working for now but I'll let you know if problems arise.

Edited by the_sextein