[BG2EE] BG2EE Dorn acts as if he always knew PC from BGEE/SoD

Lava

[this bug was already reported in "EE content bugs", but I thought I would write a proper bug report]

What is currently happening: Even if you tell BG2EE Dorn that you never met him before, his dialogues will suggest the two of you worked together before encountering eachother in front of the Radiant Heart headquarters. However, if you check his talks, his first romance/post-quest dialogue should be different, depending on "OHD_KNOWS_DORN" variable (0 / 1)

What should be happening: If you told him that the two of you never worked together, his other talk should fire, not "It's good to work with you again." Such talk is already there, in the game.

How to reproduce the bug:

1. Got to the Temple District.
  2. Talk to Dorn.
  3. Act as if the two of you never worked together / tell him that it's the first time you see him.
  4. Complete the "wedding" quest.
  5. Leave the Radiant Heart building.
  6. Wait for his talk to fire.

The same talk will always fire, even though it should be different if the two of you never worked together.

Reason why that happends:

The reason is that script:

IF
	Global("OHD_PLOT","GLOBAL",1)
	Global("OHD_KNOWS_DORN","LOCALS",0)
	InParty(Myself)
	GlobalLT("OHD_JOURNAL_BEGIN","LOCALS",2)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("OHD_KNOWS_DORN","LOCALS",1)
		SetGlobal("OHD_JOURNAL_BEGIN","LOCALS",2)
		EraseJournalEntry(91090)  // I encountered an old acquaintance, the half-orc Dorn Il-Khan, lurking outside Athkatla's Temple of the Radiant Heart this <DAYNIGHTALL>. His intent was clearly sinister. Whatever he plans, I want nothing to do with it.
		EraseJournalEntry(91091)  // I encountered a sinister half-orc named Dorn Il-Khan this <DAYNIGHTALL>, lurking round the Temple of the Radiant Heart. I know not what he has planned, and in truth I do not want to know.
		AddJournalEntry(91092,INFO)  // I encountered Dorn Il-Khan this <DAYNIGHTALL>. The sinister half-orc was lurking round the Temple of the Radiant Heart, waiting for an opportunity to slay a priest named Bollard Firejaw. Dorn's power would make him a valuable ally—I believe I shall assist him in this endeavor.
END

It does not only set the journal entries, but basically says "if OHD_KNOWS_DORN is 0, then set it to 1" and that exact variable determines if Dorn and PC work together in BGEE / SoD.

How to fix it:

There are two options here: first one, is modification of this block - SetGlobal("OHD_KNOWS_DORN","LOCALS",1) should be deleted. The second option is adding an alternative block to dorn.bcs that would say:

IF
	Global("OHD_PLOT","GLOBAL",1)
	Global("OHD_KNOWS_DORN","LOCALS",0)
	InParty(Myself)
	GlobalLT("OHD_JOURNAL_BEGIN","LOCALS",2)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("OHD_JOURNAL_BEGIN","LOCALS",2)
		EraseJournalEntry(91090)  // I encountered an old acquaintance, the half-orc Dorn Il-Khan, lurking outside Athkatla's Temple of the Radiant Heart this <DAYNIGHTALL>. His intent was clearly sinister. Whatever he plans, I want nothing to do with it.
		EraseJournalEntry(91091)  // I encountered a sinister half-orc named Dorn Il-Khan this <DAYNIGHTALL>, lurking round the Temple of the Radiant Heart. I know not what he has planned, and in truth I do not want to know.
		AddJournalEntry(91092,INFO)  // I encountered Dorn Il-Khan this <DAYNIGHTALL>. The sinister half-orc was lurking round the Temple of the Radiant Heart, waiting for an opportunity to slay a priest named Bollard Firejaw. Dorn's power would make him a valuable ally—I believe I shall assist him in this endeavor.
END

It basically depends on the mods approach: if the original script should be modified, or if it's better to add an improved version of the script (to the top of the file) that will kick in before the original block fires.