The Workshop Kitpack (v4.7.9) - Soulsborne-inspired kit and item pack

Updated to v4.7.5.

This is a cumulative post for the last few updates (v4.7.1 - 4.7.5).

Github: https://github.com/D2-mods/The-Workshop-Kitpack
Download: https://github.com/D2-mods/The-Workshop-Kitpack/releases

--

Powder Keg changes:

• Reduced delay between each use of a song from 10 rounds to 8 rounds.
  • Blasting Song: Main blast now delayed 1 second (damage unchanged). A new lead-in projectile does an extra 2 fire damage to enemies in a 12-ft. radius. It's visually more interesting now, and the initial projectile lets you know when the main blast is coming.
  • Booming Song: Damage increased from 2d4 to 3d8. Tweaked explosion visual/sound.
  • Dust Explosion: Damage of initial blast increased from 5d6 to 8d6. Creatures immune to blind no longer suffer reduced visual range. Enemies now move at half speed in the cloud.
  • Frenzying Flame: Damage per round increased from 2d4 to 2d12.

Medic changes:

• at level 10, Slow Poison is now upgraded to Neutralize Poison.
  • at level 14, Cure Disease is now upgraded to Heal (essentially, the medic's version of "Lay on Hands").
  • at level 18, can now use Lesser Restoration 3 times per day (no fatigue).
  • All medic cures are touch range, applied instantly, have no vocal component, and are not considered spells for wild/dead magic.
  • The spells are otherwise identical to the existing priest spell at the time of install (i.e. in IWDEE, you can't cast Heal on an undead or elemental).
  • Adjusted visuals for all abilities + fixed color fade effect on White Remedy (was allowing a save).
  • Medic: Remedy abilities will no longer affect undead or golems. Healing Rain will still heal any creature, including in IWD (similar to Mist of Eldath).

IWD Evasion notes:

• These abilities previously allowed Evasion, and no longer do: Shockwave, Moonlight Vortex, Booming Song.
  • These abilities can (still) be evaded: Incinerate, Electrocannon, Steady Current (secondary targets only), Blasting Song, Dust Explosion (initial blast only), Ether Explosion.
  • BGEE/BG2EE: If Evasion from IWDification or Talents of Faerun is installed before this mod, then the above abilities will also give a check for Evasion in the BGEE games. (components from ToF that just modify kit ability tables are fine to install before this mod)
  • All "Evades effects from..." messages should now say the name of the spell/ability being evaded.

--

Fixes/Maintenance:

• Blood Minister: if using Spell Revisions, Madman's Blood no longer causes SR fatigue effects.
  • Fixed a mod conflict (with IWDEE Polymorph fixes mod) that would cause characters to learn Psionic Blast permanently, when using the Milkweed rune.
  • Aesthetic fix with Bubb's Spell Menu: The Denial and Moonlight Vortex abilities will now appear as level 1 spells in the special abilities menu (same as all other abilities from this mod).
  • Blood Minister: Right-clicking the Blood abilities in the submenu will now show the description for Blood Transfusion. Previously, only the main Blood Transfusion spell would show the description.
  • Golem Ring: Delayed sound effect on item ability was incorrectly set as undispellable.
  • Moonlight Knight: Fixed an inconsistency in the effects of Moonlight Vortex + added lighting effect on allies (only enemies take damage still).
  • IWDEE: Grave Warden's Skull Trap was giving Evasion check against the wrong spell resource.

Other updates:

• New icon for Hunter Tools, recolored icons for Starjammer spells, changed icons for a few other abilities.
  • Switched some item locations around in BG2EE/IWDEE (main change is making Hunter Bone obtainable earlier).
  • Added more shaman bone blades in each game (higher quantities and/or obtainable in more locations).
  • IWDEE: Grave Warden's Denial ability will now follow IWD cleric rules for the healing effect. The main spell can still be cast on any creature. For creatures immune to healing spells in IWD, Denial will last the full 3 turns, unless dispelled or the creature is killed/unsummoned.
  • Shaman Bone Blade: Improved effects structure. Will now always play an audio/visual effect, even for immune creatures. Will now display a string that ability was used. Increased cast range from 1 to 3. Elves and half-elves that fail the save against charm, but make the racial check for charm resistance, will now avoid all effects, instead of being berserked.
  • Starjammer: Riftgate balor now has a screen shake effect if summoned. Other adjustments to golem and balor (faster movement, golem has stun on hit, etc.)
  • Temple Knight: Slightly reduced knockback strength of Force + added color fade to affected creatures. Stun duration increased internally (it's still roughly 4 seconds, but after the knockback ends).

SCS/ToF notes:

• Fixed a few wrong ability icons when this mod was installed after SCS/ToF spell tweaks.
  • Fixed an issue with haste effects if this mod was installed after SCS/ToF spell tweaks. This affected the Moonlight Knight kit and the Hunter Bone item.
  • Milkweed (rune): Fixed an issue that would occur if this mod was installed before SCS/ToF spell tweaks. The CON/WIS drain wasn't being removed right away after battle (it wears off itself eventually).
  • I personally install this mod after SCS spell tweaks (I don't use ToF yet), but in case the opposite order is used, all items/abilities will probably work fine either way.

Updated to v4.7.8

This update includes a critical compatibility fix for EEex.

--

Compatibility fix for EEex (v0.10.0-alpha and later):

• Some kits had broken effects due to a change in recent EEex versions.
  • All kit abilities are fixed now. The affected kits were the ones with special amulet effects (i.e. Beast Hunter and hunter badges).
  • as a side effect: these item effects will now work even with custom multiclass kits.
  • To be clear, this mod does not require EEex (everything works with or without). 

Crow Hunter updates:

• Damage bonus vs. humans/humanoids now starts at +1, increases to +2 at level 5, and +3 at level 10. For multiclasses, it upgrades with thief level only (not average level of classes).
  • Multiclass variants will now gain Visceral attack at the correct levels (9, 13, and 18).
  • Visceral Attack is now more likely to roll in the upper range of the damage roll. This makes it a little better for mage/thief or single class.
  • Can now use any mod-added traps (i.e. Talents of Faerun HLAs), even if installed after this mod. Must be Thief level 14 or higher.
  • Bonus effect from the Crowfeather Cloak item will now work with custom multiclass kits.

Other:

• Beast Hunter: Added an extra effect for the Old Hunter Badge amulet. When using Hunter Tools, the character will never roll a critical miss (with melee attacks).
  • Jade Feather: This now gives a +8 bonus to max HP (basically an extra roll of HP for monks). This replaces the +3 bonus to Save vs. Spell.
12 hours ago, Dan_P said:

Updated to v4.7.8

This update includes a critical compatibility fix for EEex.

I'm 99% convinced that it is false alarm and yet another Windows 11 unnecessary complication ( I would rather use my good  old Windows 7 any day in the week ) but still:

Spoiler

This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.

file: C:\Baldurova kapija\EE kits\the-workshop-kitpack-4.7.8.7z

webfile: C:\Baldurova kapija\EE kits\the-workshop-kitpack-4.7.8.7z|https://objects.githubusercontent.com/github-production-release-asset-2e65be/559682525/17635c2d-92a6-4943-9c4a-c7a894b2a6aa?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Credential=AKIAVCODYLSA53PQK4ZA

%2F20240314%2Fus-east-1%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20240314T131039Z&X-Amz-Expires=300&X-Amz-Signature=50bcbef169ec58e01e7bcea9cba5dd82d4d810fbbcee0dc66c5b120b36dbf36a&X-Amz-

SignedHeaders=host&actor_id=0&key_id=0&repo_id=559682525&response-content-disposition=attachment%3B%20filename%3Dthe-workshop-kitpack-4.7.8.7z&response-content-type=application%2Foctet-stream|pid:13400,ProcessStart:133548954476200933

from Windows defender with virus detected warnings. I downloaded the-workshop-kitpack-4.7.5.7z without any problems though. 

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Greenhorn said:

I'm 99% convinced that it is false alarm and yet another Windows 11 unnecessary complication ( I would rather use my good  old Windows 7 any day in the week ) but still:

More a windows defender issue, than specifically windows 11. But yeah, I got a warning as well after uploading the file, then redownloading it. The weidu exe sometimes gets flagged as a virus. Note that the files in the .7z are identical to the zip file made by the Infinity Auto Packager. I get the virus thing from windows defender about once every few months.

That said, if you are unsure or want to be absolutely safe, you can download the .iemod version, which includes the mod files without the weidu exe, then get weidu from the weidu github instead, and rename weidu.exe to setup-d2-workshopkits.exe before install (or just use Project Infinity, instead of getting weidu directly).

Edited by Dan_P
5 minutes ago, Dan_P said:

That said, if you are unsure or want to be absolutely safe, you can download the .iemod version, which includes the mod files without the weidu exe, then get weidu from the weidu github instead.

Already done it, but I will deactivate WD and download regular file, just to spite damn thing. Thanks.