Ascension wont install

Guest Ironicus

Guest Ironicus

Hi, I have Bg2 gold edition. Had installed fixpack, ansecion and SCS, and everything worked almost fine untill Mellisana fight when all of the Five would just stare at me instead of fighting. So I did uninstall the game, Installed i anew, installed fixpack and begin to install ascension and this message showed up when I clicked on on first point of ascension instalation which is rewritten last chapter of TOB :

ERROR Installing [Napisany na nowo ostatni rozdzia Tronu Bhaala], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall  11 files for [ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled     11 files for [ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2] component 0.
ERROR: Failure("TobEx EXE patch: Target bytes don't match, aborting...")

If that is of any importance, I did instalation manually, cause I have no idea how to use this WEIDU thing.

@Ironicus 

For you specific problem: Ascension mod is processing necessary additions of ToBEx but it fails because you have "bgmain.exe" from non supported 'BG2 gold' edition of the game. So reinstall the game and make full backup of it. Since you have 'gold edition', try to apply this patch as first step: http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1086-saga-baldurs-gate-conversion/ - this will attempt to make "bgmain.exe" into supported version. If this step success, you should be fine to continue to install BG2Fixpack and Ascension and then rest of the mods. Try it and report back.

The bad news: You can't 'reinstall' the game and expect that the save will work unless you installed everything in the same order. Do you have backup of the old installation? So you can read weidu.log and see what order of mods did you use?