Spanish translation V25.6 doesn't appear

Guest Melmoth

@Melmoth Are you sure you attached the correct package? setup.tra is still the old one, and there is old lines in the files (e.g. journal entries which I externalized into bgqe_game.tra at some point).

I'm loosing patience with this; I expect translators to compare the English tra files with the language they are translating to (for example with a tool like WinMerge) and update the lines accordingly. I do not have the impression you are doing this. Please look out for a proof reader in the BG community who can check for these things and the install before offering me another translation.

I appreciate your interest in the mod but I don't have time for another iteration.

On 17/4/2023 at 22:09, jastey said:

Esperaré por un paquete donde todas las líneas de la traducción al español estén al unísono con los archivos en inglés.

La paciencia de mi parte con respecto a la espera no es el problema, es poner trabajo extra que prefiero gastar con modding.

Hey, I have used and checked the "Melmoth" translation to make sure everything was correct, all the files are with .tra extension and in the correct format, all the translated files match the lines of their English versions.

It should be all correct now, I leave attached the files, if there is something wrong please tell me and I will correct it right away, although I have checked the files (and compared them) 2 times, something could have escaped, hopefully not.

Spanish trad..7z

3 hours ago, jastey said:

Great, thank you! I'll update the mod on my next update run. I'll credit the translation to "Melmoth, revised by davoker"? Or "proofread by davoker"?

Translation made by Melmoth, revised and fixed by davoker, I think it will be fine 😃

35 minutes ago, Melmoth said:

Davoker, did you find any incorrect in  that files? I revised three times and 

I didn't capable to find nothing...

I will explain by private message partner.

Edited by davoker

@jastey

I was telling my colleague that I was already translating the mod myself, I had it a bit paused (a mixture of laziness and things of life xD), and yesterday I got the right impulse to continue with it, when I saw this thread by chance, looking at the forum to see if there was any update of the mod before continuing.

So overall it saved me a lot of time hehe, he got confused because I suspect he used as a base the files that were already in the mod, which were very outdated, he wasn't understanding why you were telling him it wasn't right, for example, the setup.tra file weighed 4kbs when it currently weighs half that.

In general there were lines left over in several files and missing in others, it was a matter of checking and comparing file by file (translated and English), it took me a few hours but everything should be fine now.