Why doesn't Petrification (134) make blue-circled NPCs red? It has the "hostile" flag

Guest Warren

3 hours ago, Guest Warren said:

do you have a database of annotations and other comments that you wouldn't mind making public?

I'm afraid I don't have much written down. At this point I just know the engine really well, so I can look things up quickly. If you haven't tried it out yet, I would recommend Ghidra to look at the engine internals. With Ghidra + the PDB you have a pretty good C-like view of the code, though the more complicated functions still need a fair amount of cleanup. And, unfortunately some of the core engine functions are really long, (like the sprite AI processing), which ends up giving Ghidra trouble.

Guest Warren

That "joining and leaving the party" changes things is not surprising. But I didn't expect "being petrified while having nothing to do with the party" to clear Default script! Maybe a note in the status effect's IESDP description? I'll keep in mind not to use Default either way, I guess :)

I'll give another try to Ghidra next time then, not sure why I put it aside back then. Maybe it doesn't have dynamic analysis with a debugger? Forgot.

Anyway thank you everyone :)

PS: In testing the hostile flag, I noticed that Otiluke's Resilient Sphere has the hostile flag. But it doesn't make neutral innocents go red reliably. Sometimes multiple otilukings are necessary for some reason...