SetGlobal Canceling Actions

Greetings,

I'm running into an interesting issue with the enhanced powergaming scripts where it appears having a response of SetGlobal() will actually cancel out a player queued action. Should setting a global do this? Is there a way to set a global and not have it cancel the player action?

Thank you!

Afaik every action performed by an actor (either directly or via ActionOverride()) will cancel their queued actions. You could try to apply the variable via spell effect (performed by a helper creature, etc.), which should not interrupt scripting.

Edited by argent77
8 hours ago, argent77 said:

Afaik every action performed by an actor (either directly or via ActionOverride()) will cancel their queued actions. You could try to apply the variable via spell effect (performed by a helper creature, etc.), which should not interrupt scripting.

The goal is to detect when the player is using a spell, ability, or item so that the scripts know to not immediately queue a new action if it is on cooldown. @Bubb was helpful as always with EEex and I can use that to indirectly get around having to use a helper creature. I'm gonna have to do some other updates, I think, due to this information to make things even more optimal.