Crash to desktop - anyone know why?

Hello. Just had a new ctd, got the following from TobEx.log;

ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x9CCAD1 File: ChVidImage.cpp Line: 1910 Expression: !((dwFlags & CVIDIMG_TRANSLUCENT) && (dwFlags & CVIDCELL_BRIGHTEST)) Message: (null)

I've had a quick look on google but didnt get much help.

Could it be a graphics card setting? I was messing around with them recently trying to get better fps on openmw.

This crash happened during Coran's BG1NPC project quest, fighting Amelia outside the entrance to Firewine ruins.

Thanks

The engine attempted to render a BAM with an invalid combination of render flags; it has nothing to do with your graphics card. If I had to guess, I'd say there's a good chance the crash was caused by a bad projectile, though without a stack trace it's impossible to say for certain.

@Bubb thanks for the reply.

I've had a look in NI and iI'm pretty sure its one of these thats causing the problem - SPWI928.SPL or SPWI930.SPL

X#AMELIA doesnt have any spells known but does have a script that casts spells.

When she goes hostile she summons some shadows then the game crashes as she casts next spell. If you kill her before she can cast nything there's no crash. I tried commenting out most of her .BCS script so the 2 spells above wont get cast and no crash either.

I've attached them in  case anyone could take a look and see if theres anything wrong with either of them.

Thanks

spells cre and bcs related to ctd.7z

SPWI928 - the energy drain spell - looks essentially unchanged from its vanilla version. And it doesn't have a projectile at all; it's a melee-range spell. SPWI930 - the charm spell - does have significant changes. One of those changes is that it uses the SPARKLE_CHROMATIC projectile instead of SPARKLE_GOLD.

That projectile (SPARKLCH.PRO) is used by some spells already in the game, notably "Antichickenator". So it should be okay unless it got changed too.

I've tested this some more and still have no clue what go on.

SPARKLCH.PRO is used by a number of other spells. I tested the spell SPPR21 Sparks which uses that projectile. That casts fine.

I then tried copying SPWI930.00000.SPL into the override folder and renaming it to SPWI930.SPL and tested my save and got the same crash, though I'm not 100% sure that was the right way to test it. So either its been broken the whole time and no one noticed, which seems unlikely, or there's something else going wrong.

I've attached the changelog and .spl files for SPWI930.

I did run changelog on SPARKLCH.PRO but nothing is touching that except generalised biffing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

spwi930 changelog.7z