Lurker's EET install: eet-modpack_2023-09-17_v2

Hi again, Lurker!

Alright, so, regarding my playthrough with Black Hearts:

I also experienced the Nerys house bug; luckily, the console command you gave to spawn her saved my butt.

Second, with what you said in this comment here: https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/37301-lurkers-eet-install-eet-modpack_2023-09-17_v2/?do=findComment&comment=330265 -- am I correct in thinking that giving the diary to Nerys will lead to a game-breaking incident? I'm trying to not completely spoil myself with this mod, but I also want to do everything I can to avoid having to resort to consoling and/or finding extensive workarounds with quests (the Ascension + Wheels of Prophecy incompatibilities have scarred me for life).

As you have said, it's crazy that up until Nerys' house, the mod has gone really well.

Thanks again for these notes!!

@Granger77, please excuse my late reply.

I honestly cannot tell what's the deal with the diary. Since I mostly figured things out by try-and-error, and neither had a strict test regime nor the nerve to dig all too deep, my conclusions may not be absolutely accurate. I wasn't really invested in the story of this mod, but more into "just getting things done". So I'm not even sure if the diary offered any in game reasons that might influence later events depending on who it was given to. The section which I replayed after handing the diary over to Nerys instead of Illasera was identical in its outcome, including the double Cherise bug that occurs somewhat randomly.

So I continued from a previous save, where - quoting myself - the following conditions where met:

On 11/19/2023 at 6:51 PM, Lurker said:
  • I gave the diary to Illasera
  • Cherise leaves the Red Wizard enclave
  • Illasera admits to attacking the extradimensional domain, and leaves with the Strange Gemstone

One "reason" to give the diary to Illasera instead of Nerys could be that, since it's her show, she's less likely to bug out in her own story... ;)

Also, if it isn't obvious by the slow down of progress reports here, my playthrough is on hold for the time being.

Out of curiosity, as I am soon to embark on another go-round, is there a right time to do Black Hearts stuff? 

Like, I usually head through Beregost before the FAI, and I saw Illasera there, but I’m like “I’m a level 1 noob, no way am I talking to her yet.” Am I right to wait until higher levels? Or is it the lind of thing you start early and it progresses slowly alongside the main quest? 

@Lurker, hello!
Apologies for my late reply as well!

"One "reason" to give the diary to Illasera instead of Nerys could be that, since it's her show, she's less likely to bug out in her own story... "

This makes sense. In any case, I did give the diary to Illasera, and the only hiccup I noticed was, like you, in the fight with Cherise, the dialogue proceeded as if both paths were activated. I then reloaded, started the scene over again, and everything was fine; no parallel dialogues or anything. Weird.

"When approaching the Sanctum Portal with the Astral Gemstones, dialog option 2 was just "@3131"; the following dialog option 2 had actual text ("*Enter the Portal*")"

Can confirm this happened to me as well.

And yea, what was with that little goblin?? I did Detect Illusion in that area, and nothing showed. Oh well....

Spoiler

Kind of an anticlimactic ending, if I do say so myself. Of course, I play with Endless BG1, so it's understandable if Illasera doesn't have any dialogue after the Sarevok fight. Still, very jarring, lol.

All in all, I thought that Black Hearts, despite its bugs, was great. I can't wait to play it again.

"Also, if it isn't obvious by the slow down of progress reports here, my playthrough is on hold for the time being."

All good. Sometimes you need to catch a break every now and then. I'm in SoD right now and resisting the urge to restart with DavidW's new Talents. It's not that I dislike my PC currently (a TN Bard who is drenched in melancholy and death, akin to Xan); I actually like him a lot. Just, there's so many cool runs/characters to do, and so little time....