Friendly Random Drops Tweak in IWDEE bug

I ran into a minor bug when using this component. When trading with Flynn, I chose to swap the Potion of Strength Transference. This brought me back to the menu where I could select Potion of Strength Transference to swap a second time. Closing the dialogue after that gave me 2x Rings of Strength.

Edited by testlum
On 10/29/2023 at 11:55 PM, testlum said:

I ran into a minor bug when using this component. When trading with Flynn, I chose to swap the Potion of Strength Transference. This brought me back to the menu where I could select Potion of Strength Transference to swap a second time. Closing the dialogue after that gave me 2x Rings of Strength.

A thought ... dialogue actions often aren't executed instantly. So it says "give away the potion, get the ring", dumps you back to the menu, but the action hasn't actually happened yet so you still have that item, and the trade is still valid. Select it again, get another instance of "give away the potion, get the ring". First instance resolves, you have the ring. Second instance resolves, there's no potion to give away anymore but you still get a second instance of the ring.

To avoid this, there's a flag you can set (bit 9) on the response with the action attached to force it to execute immediately. But ... that flag is EE-only, so non-EE IWD doesn't get that neat solution.

The Harrold/Flynn dialogue issue was a bad substitution, which is fixed. For dialogues, it had the normal conventional safeguards: intermediate states, a global to prevent repetition, &c. I've added the immediate flag for IWDEE. The only thing that could really be done for oIWD is to force an exit out of the dialogue after one swap and forcing re-initiation, which is very user-unfriendly.