[BGEE, BG2EE] Wand of Polymorphing

CamDawg

I did this in a component of my tweaks, along with some other polymorph effects that weren't cleanly handled. The method I used: externalize the effect of the wand to a spell, then attach immunity to that spell to polymorph immunity effects. (Same for bolts of polymorphing)

In the current model, in fact, polymorph immunity basically has to include specific immunity to every single spell that polymorphs. They always come with extra effects that can't be safely blocked otherwise, like the weapon creation ability.

The question for the fixpack, then, is which way we do it:

- Externalize some things to new subspells, and add to the list of specific spell immunities that go in the polymorph immunity batch.

- Switch the model; have polymorph immunity apply a state, and then have all the hostile polymorph effects check for that state.

(Also, current polymorph immunity blocks all effects of Sphere of Chaos. That one, I tweaked by externalizing the polymorph effect to a subspell and blocking only that subspell.)

Edited by jmerry

Yeah, it's using the old BG2FP model, where we always coupled polymorph immunity with explicit protections from Polymorph Self, Sphere of Chaos (that 10% squirrel!), and wild surge Polymorph. All of these are good suggestions, and I like the idea of the state approach. I'll ping  @Luke , as he may have already implemented some of this in his massive revamp.