Multiple romances not working

Guest Demos MIrak

Guest Demos MIrak

Hello all,

Currently playing through BG2:EE, and Jaheira and Aerie just had a big fight, and I had to choose. The thing is, I shouldn't have to, since I had the multiple romance mod, among others, installed even since before I started the game. 

I'm hazy on which mods I installed exactly, and in which order, but the install folder has BG2fixpack, Unfinished Business, Rogue Revised, and, of course, the Tweaks Anthology.

Since the fight, I have reinstalled the Tweaks Multiple Romance mod, but that did not avoid the fight, and post fight the flags do indicate one of the romances has been ended.

Other relevant (as far as I know) flags show the following:

Pre-fight

• AERIEMATCH: 1
  • AERIEROMANCE: 1109801
  • ARIEROMANCEACTIVE: 1
  • JAHEIRAMATCH: 1
  • JAHEIRAROMANCE 1115201
  • JAHEIRAROMANCEACTIVE: 1

Post-fight (only AERIEROMANCE and AERIEROMANCEACTIVE change, if Aerie is rebuffed in a 'friendly' manner)

• AERIEMATCH: 1
  • AERIEROMANCE: 1128329 
  • ARIEROMANCEACTIVE: 3
  • JAHEIRAMATCH: 1
  • JAHEIRAROMANCE 1115201
  • JAHEIRAROMANCEACTIVE: 1

Do you guys have any clue where I went wrong, and what might be done to fix it? I have a preference for getting as much content into a single play-through as possible.

Hey all,

Currently playing through BG2:EE, and Jaheira and Aerie just had a big fight, and I had to choose. The thing is, I shouldn't have to, as I have multiple romances installed, among others, since before I started the game. I'm hazy on which mods I have installed, and in which order, but the install folder shows evidence of at least BG2Fixpack, Unfinished Business, Rogue Revised, and, of course, the Tweaks Anthology. I have since reinstalled the Multiple Romances mod, but this does not change the outcome.

I have found the follow flags with EEKeeper.

Pre-fight:

• AerieMatch: 1
  • AerieRomance: 1109801
  • AerieRomanceActive: 1
  • JaheiraMatch: 1
  • JaheiraRomance: 1115201
  • JaheiraRomanceActive: 1

Post-fight (if Jaheira is chosen and Aerie stays, changes bolded)

• AerieMatch: 1
  • AerieRomance: 1128329
  • AerieRomanceActive: 3
  • JaheiraMatch: 1
  • JaheiraRomance: 1115201
  • JaheiraRomanceActive: 1

Any clues to where I went wrong, and what might be done to fix it?

Edited by Demos Mirak

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3183 // Romance Cheats [Sabre, Richardson, Weimer]: v16

is installed, but I can't see with which options because the weidu.log doesn't show.

I think you need to edit the cdtweaks.disabled.txt to actually activate the multi romance cheat, but I'll tagg @CamDawg for further hunting.

I have reran the setup with the cdtweaks.disabled.txt, with the options mirroring those as I had chose them during the initial installations: 

• OUTER_SET romance_use_config_values = 1
  • OUTER_SET remove_romance_racial_requirements = 1
  • OUTER_SET remove_romance_gender_requirements = 0
  • OUTER_SET romance_multiple = 1
  • OUTER_SET romance_nothing_kills = 1
  • OUTER_SET romance_starts_in_ToB = 0

However, this did not change the outcome of the pre-fight save. I also noticed that in the flags, the rejected party member does get set to romance = 3, suggesting that the romance_nothing_kills option is also not working in my set-up.

This is one of those bug reports where I don't think it's an issue, only to discover that there's been a gaping whole of coverage for this component since, like, forever. Simply put, multi-romance never removed the romance-killing bits of when the ladies start sniping at one another. A fairly large oversight! This is fixed for the next release.

In the meantime, you can proceed through the dialogue and manually re-activate the romance via the console of whichever partner you rebuke. Since it's Aerie's LT, I'd suggest you politely tell Jaheira to go away so that you get Aerie's normal banter, and then afterward use this at the console: C:SetGlobal("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)