Feature Request: Better Control Over Spell Changes?

Heya! Big fan of SCS, but I was always a little perturned by how much mages are buffed to the detriment of other classes. Arcane classes are already the strongest ones in the games, and nerfing all non-arcane counters to them feels kinda bad. A big part of that is spell changes that are automatic when the mod is installed. Things like nerfing the insect spells, changes to breach (though this one is a straight buff). I find it strange that the only good counters to a mage under scs are...another mage. One of Druid's big niches is anti mage spells, but the changes makes their biggest counter completely blocked by the most common defense spells. I find that it really hurts arcane/non-arcane interaction. So I guess what I'm asking is:
Can spell changes be a separate and optional component?
I don't even know if this is feasible, but it couldn't hurt to ask.

Yes, all the spell tweaks can be turned off and on individually in stratagems.ini (though I don't vouch for how the AI will handle it if you disable any of the tweaks in the 'core stratagems' group). I think this is documented in the 'customize' section of the readme, though I'm not certain. So this feature request is preemptively granted!

As a general design point, SCS assumes a balanced party. I think it's largely right that you can't counter mages without other mages - just as you can't really counter artillery without artillery. What I don't want are 'hard counters', i.e. spells that just shut certain classes down with no way to block them. Unmodified insect plague is a hard counter in that sense- there's nothing even a high-level mage can really do about it, and it more or less shuts them down completely.

The problem is that a properly prepared mage will hard counter literally everything else in the series. So having a few options that also hard coutners them is only fair. They're already at the top of the power curve before SCS. SCS takes away options to the gain of...nothing else.