Problems with Ease of Use component on EET

On 12/2/2023 at 7:35 PM, Bozerg said:

I've been trying to get a working EET install going with SCS v35 and have been updating some other mods (relative to past installs) at the same time. I've hit a few different issues.

On the first install, component 2060 failed with

INSERT_BYTES out of bounds - file is long 1090, point given is 3106
ERROR: [DSWRLSTF.ITM] -> [override/DSWRLSTF.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("INSERT_BYTES out of bounds"))

On the second install I removed component 2060 and then failed on component 2520 with

Copying and patching 1 file ...
ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [.spl] not found in KEY file:
    [./chitin.key]

On third install I removed both components 2060 and 2520. This one made it to the end with no installation errors, but upon trying to launch (install has EEex) I get a pop-up with the following error:

{string "L_en_US.lua"]:810: '}' expected near 'DW_EASE_OF_USE_HOTKEY_TOGGLE_MELEE_AUTOATTACK'

which I assume is related to (or at least directly adjacent in the file to) something related to stratagems ease-of-use AI.

L_en_us.LUA 97.1 kB · 0 downloads Setup-stratagems.debug 156.88 kB · 0 downloads WeiDU.log 61.55 kB · 2 downloads

35.1 appears to have fixed the install error with 2060, but still seeing the same install issue with 2520 and the issue with DW_EASE_OF_USE_HOTKEY_TOGGLE_MELEE_AUTOATTACK on launch.

On 12/6/2023 at 4:42 AM, Bozerg said:

35.1 appears to have fixed the install error with 2060, but still seeing the same install issue with 2520 and the issue with DW_EASE_OF_USE_HOTKEY_TOGGLE_MELEE_AUTOATTACK on launch.

I can confirm, I can't launch the game with the ease of use AI component installed.

What is happening is that L_EN_US.lua is getting mangled - the text substitution in Ease-of-Use is breaking it. That can't be just EET+Ease-of-Use, because it works fine on my EET test install - it must be an interaction with another UI mod. That said, the substitution I am using *is* quite crude and I can see how it can break, so I'll tighten it up for 35.2. If that doesn't work I'll need to see a WEIDU.log.

17 hours ago, DavidW said:

What is happening is that L_EN_US.lua is getting mangled - the text substitution in Ease-of-Use is breaking it. That can't be just EET+Ease-of-Use, because it works fine on my EET test install - it must be an interaction with another UI mod. That said, the substitution I am using *is* quite crude and I can see how it can break, so I'll tighten it up for 35.2. If that doesn't work I'll need to see a WEIDU.log.

I encountered this bug on BGEE with Lefreut UI installed first.

6 minutes ago, Trouveur80 said:

I encountered this bug on BGEE with Lefreut UI installed first.

I can't reproduce this on my local version - which hopefully means that the tweak I did to make my edit of l_en_us.lua less crude has solved the problem. Will be in 35.2.