Random install failure for "Wider availability of wizard spell scrolls in Icewind Dale"

(was on 35.1 initially, just tested again on 35.2 before submitting)

On iwd:ee I have random failure when installing this component. Sometimes it will install fine (weidu reports a success with no error visible in debug file) and sometimes it will fail with exactly the same components selected.

Each time when there is an error it's the same:

ERROR: [edion.sto] -> [override/edion.sto] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument("String.blit / Bytes.blit_string"))

weidu.log

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1600 // Use Baldur's Gate-style Insect Plague and Creeping Doom instead of Icewind Dale versions: 35.2
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1610 // Use Baldur's Gate-style Mordenkainen's Sword in addition to Icewind Dale version: 35.2
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2000 // Install all spell tweaks (if you don't select this, you will be given a chance to choose by category): 35.2

OS is linux, no idea if that's a condition.

I'd say the failure happens roughly half the time or maybe 1/3.

EDIT:apparently I can't obtain a failure with _just_ component 3510

setup-stratagems.debug.zip

Edited by mickabouille

I managed to get a failure with "just" component 2000 Install all spell tweaks (if you don't select this, you will be given a chance to choose by category): 35.2
which admittedly doesn't restrict much as it's a multiple components in one.

EDIT: now I got it with just 2060

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Rebalancings of slightly-too-powerful spells: 35.2

Adding logs (why do we need to use different log command when in PATCH_ or not? This is messed-up) showed me when I have the failure, it always happens when ADD_STORE_ITEM adding an antimagic shell scroll in "edion.sto". unless I misread things (not a modder).

Edited by mickabouille

OK, I'm pretty sure I understand the issue here. There are some subtle errors in the function I'd like to sort out, but as a practical matter you can hotfix this by opening stratagems/data/common_spells.txt in Notepad or similar, and deleting the line 'ANTIMAGIC_SHELL'.