In desperate need of winzip help....

Elduin

:) Please excuse my ignorance... I dled Shadowkeeper, then went to unzip, using my version of winzip, which is the oldest version of winzip I've ever seen. Then this littlew window popped up, saying something about how my version isn't using long filenames, and may instead be using the DOS[8].[3] way of doing... something.... and then I was stuck. So, any suggestions would be useful... unless they're to get a new version of winzip :thumbsup: stupid ancient computer.... :)

Basically, that version of Winzip can't handle any filename over 8 letters (MS-DOS 8.3 Format). So that means that all files will have their names shortened to 8 letters, plus extension. I don't know if that will be a problem, as I seem to recall Shadowkeeper being a single executable file.

If there are any additional files, you can just rename them to their correct names and everything will be good. But I would reccomend a newer version of Winzip (Or possibly WinRar). :thumbsup:

You should be able to upgrade to a more recent zipping program, even a computer running Win 98 should be able to handle them... Just make sure to keep a back up of your old version in case.

Archived