Strength of Stone seemingly doing nothing

Hello David.

The changelog says this is fixed in 35.5, from the 7th of January, so after you made this comment.

However, I've still experienced this with 35.10. I looked at the spell file, and I've seen some issues (though maybe only the probabilities are important):

• The BAM for some of the spell abilities gets a wrong byte at the start. Starts at the 4th, then each 7 abilities has this.
  • The target also does a weird alternating pattern. I see in the code that you set the Target to 5 (Caster), but again, I see this only each 7 spell abilities. The rest have it set to Living Actor (1).
  • The probabilities of the effects are apparently not how you intended. The source spell where this is copied from has probabilities to grant either 16, 17 or 18 Strength (I think), but your spell wants to grant always +4. The effect for the +4 and for the halved movement rate have 25% probability. There is a trailing Exceptional Strength effect that I'm not sure if it's relevant to be kept, either.
  • The effects have Power=2, but the spell is level 1.

So, TL;DR, probably needs the following patch (untested) and something more, but I don't know where the issue with the BAM icon is coming from:

diff --git i/stratagems/newspell/extra_divine_spells.tpa w/stratagems/newspell/extra_divine_spells.tpa
index 2618bd9..2ec3a63 100644
--- i/stratagems/newspell/extra_divine_spells.tpa
+++ w/stratagems/newspell/extra_divine_spells.tpa
@@ -114,7 +114,8 @@ DEFINE_ACTION_FUNCTION extra_divine_spells BEGIN
                        // change strength
                        LPF DELETE_EFFECT INT_VAR match_opcode=44 match_parameter1=17 END
                        LPF DELETE_EFFECT INT_VAR match_opcode=44 match_parameter1=18 END
-                       LPF ALTER_EFFECT INT_VAR match_opcode=44 parameter1=4 parameter2=0 END
+                       LPF DELETE_EFFECT INT_VAR match_opcode=97 END
+                       LPF ALTER_EFFECT INT_VAR match_opcode=44 parameter1=4 parameter2=0 probability1=100 probability2=0 END
                        // impose movement penalty
                        LPF CLONE_EFFECT INT_VAR match_opcode=44 opcode=176 parameter1=50 parameter2=enhanced_edition?5:2 END

Thank you!

Guest Waluigi_Wahp

If anyone's interested, I've slapped together a very hacky and temporary fix, while we wait for David to do a much better job than me. All I did was use NearInfinity to change the probability of all the strength and movement speed effects to 100. It seems to work from the limited testing I did, but there are probably some unintended consequences that I lack the experience to account for, so be warned haha.
I also did nothing about some of the other things wrong bytes(I don't even know what that affects, or where to even look for them), the vestigial exceptional strength(wanted to mess with as little as possible to avoid mistakes), the weird target pattern(I don't know which was intended), and the power level(again, idk what affect that has, my guess is it's related to dispelling, but I didn't mess with it to be safe).
https://github.com/Waluigi-Wahp/Strength-of-Stone