Bug on Extra Smite Evil strings (BGEE)

Posted (edited)

Also:

1. biographies in SoD are still misbehaving, tested with Earth Genasi -- shows as human.
  2. Smite Evil (tested with Cavalier) still damage that Flaming Fist soldier (who is neutral), so seems like the same bug that was in Smite Good.

Edited by RoyalProtector

Given how much trouble I've had reproducing that biography bug, can you describe it exactly, i.e. are you seeing it in chargen or in play, and do you view the bio in chargen before playing or go past it?

With the Extra Smite Evil: same thing for Extra Lay on Hands or is that working okay?

I'm not seeing it in chargen. It is OK there. It defaults to human when I start the game.

I tested what you're saying before and yes, it shows incorrectly both when I check it in chargen, and when I ignore it.

Extra Lay on Hands is OK.

I don't do anything special, I go to new game in SoD and go through the process of creating a Earth Genasi Cavalier.

If you're not seeing that in your version, I don't understand what the problem might be...

I'm using the GoG version of the game, and the DLC Merger, in case that's relevant.

OK, I can *partially* reproduce the bio problem. If create a (female or male) Earth Genasi fighter, click on the biography screen, accept it, and continue, then the biography displays fine on the character sheet post starting the game. But if I create the same character and skip the biography screen, they revert to human on the character generation screen.

Could you possibly double check and confirm 100% that going to the bio screen and pressing accept during chargen still leads to a false bio on your install?

In the mega install (no UI mods), I'm seeing both Extra Smite Evil and Lay on Hands (on a fighter, strangely), and for both the requirements strings show correctly as "Requirements: 1st level Paladin". Could it be something about BGEE or SoD?