Endless BG1 not working

Hi - I am playing BGEET and thought that I had endless bg1 installed.  I play from Beamdog and have a game that is version 2.5.166.  My issue is that after I kill Sarevok, I go straight to SOD.  I tried to reinstall the mod but get error messages saying "this mod is too old (or too new) - tp2 not found.  I also get errors when trying to uninstall the mod so I'm not sure how to download a new copy and reinstall.  I don't use mod merge when installing this mod with Beamdog right?  Any help would be much appreciated - thank you

SETUP-C#ENDLESSBG1.DEBUG

The error messages say that the tp2 cannot be found, could it be that you removed mod folders from the game folder? The installer needs the mod folders with the tp2 (inside) and teh backup info to deinstall a mod.

DLC Merger is needed (as the first mod) in a BG:SoD game from GOG or Steam. For EET, DLC Merger has to be installed onto BG:SoD before you use it for the EET transformation. If you bought the game from BeamDog directly, DLC Merger (modmerge) is not needed, yes.

19 minutes ago, dreypdx said:

I play from Beamdog and have a game that is version 2.5.166

I cannot guarantee EndlessBG1 still being fully compatible with an older game version, sorry.

EndlessBG1 has direct EET compatibility, so it can be installed into the EET folder.

I'm not sure EET supports it's transfer if it's installed to BG:SoD first.

@dreypdx it might be a good idea if you post your mod list here first so we can have a look at the install order. It's crucial in IE modding.

This was the second time it failed to installed, and it is the only mod that has failed to install.  (After the first time, I reinstalled BGEE and cleared the entire game directory.) 

I've been installing, uninstalling, re-arranging and re-installing mods.  The problems with Endless BG happened after I had uninstalled and then tried to reinstall the mod. 

Install Component [More Flavor to Hero of Baldur's Gate (Includes PC's Residence Inside Palace)]?
[I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? i

Installing [More Flavor to Hero of Baldur's Gate (Includes PC's Residence Inside Palace)] [18.1]
loading 1 tra file
loading 1 tra file
loading 1 tra file
loading 1 tra file
loading 1 tra file
loading 1 tra file
Processing quests and journals
Copying and patching 1 file ...
Compiling 1 script ...
Compiling 1 script ...
Extending game scripts ...

Patching: 1 matches found in ACT03.bcs for REPLACE_TEXTUALLY: Opened(\[ANYONE\])
Compiling 1 dialogue file ...
Compiling 1 dialogue file ...

[tb#_compile_eval_buffer/c#endlessbg1/pc_palaceresidence/add_ee.d] LEXER ERROR at line 2 column 1-11
Near Text: -
        invalid character [-]
ERROR: parsing [tb#_compile_eval_buffer/c#endlessbg1/pc_palaceresidence/add_ee.d]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: compiling [c#endlessbg1/pc_palaceresidence/add_ee.d]!
Stopping installation because of error.
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [More Flavor to Hero of Baldur's Gate (Includes PC's Residence Inside Palace)], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall  21 files for [C#ENDLESSBG1/C#ENDLESSBG1.TP2] component 1.
Uninstalled     21 files for [C#ENDLESSBG1/C#ENDLESSBG1.TP2] component 1.
ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error
Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-C#ENDLESSBG1.DEBUG and look for support at: https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/Using Language [English]

SETUP-C#ENDLESSBG1.DEBUG

Edited by ktchong
Guest jastey

I know what is causing this install error. It does not happen in a fresh install. It's basically finding several matches where there is supposed to be only one, most probably due to a remnant.

I'll phrase it like this: uninstalling and reinstalling mods always comes with a risk. I'd advise not do it, but start with a fresh game folder for istalling.