Scroll Availability Installation??

I see in the speaktweaks_description.ini a section for scroll availability, but I can not for the life of me find how to install that component?  I've gone through and looked for most of the new iwd scroll placements in both bgee and bg2ee and it looks like the scrolls that are supposed to appear in containers are not being added.  I see all of them in the iwdspells/custom/cd_scroll_placement.tpa, but i'm not sure that is ever getting executed.

Thanks,

Warrax

The scroll entries in the ini refer to deprecated components, I think. cd_scroll_placement.tpa is @CamDawg's code and as far as I know isn't implemented at present in the core IWDspells converter. What that converter does is assign each IWD arcane spell a BG2 arcane spell counterpart, and then put a copy of the new spell's scroll everywhere the old spell's scroll is. That seems to be working on my install.

There is also SCS's 'Wider range of random spell scrolls' component, which mixes the new spells more thoroughly into random spell drops.

Yeah, cd_scroll_placement is invoked explicitly (and AFAIK exclusively) by IWDification's arcane spell component for bespoke placement of scrolls to supplement the process David's discussing.I was basically shooting to guarantee at least one scroll available for every spell installed.

Thanks for the explanation.

So, if I install the IWD spells from IWDification that will put all of the scrolls in the containers in cd_scroll_placement, for instance Emotion Courage on L4 of the iron throne in bgee?  I am doing a new full install with SCS 35.9 and I want to make sure those scrolls get placed this time because when I did a full install of 35.6 and installed the IWD Spells from SCS I couldn't find Emotion Courage scrolls at all in bgee.

Thanks,

Warrax

Emotion Courage shadows Emotion Hopelessness ... uh, that should show up. Hopelessness shows up in Durlag's Tower and in the Ulgoth's Beard shop. Plus again in the quartermaster's shop in SoD. If you're not getting Courage in the Ulgoth's Beard shop at least, something's wrong.

In Ulgoth's Beard shop the only Emotion scrolls I see are Hopelessness and Hope, no Courage to be found, the install I just checked is SCS 35.6.  I'll load up my SoD install, I think its 35.4 currently and go check the quartermaster shop real quick.  I don't remember it having courage on my last run but I could be wrong. 

I checked in SoD and the quartermaster only has Hopelessness and Hope, no Courage.

Edited by Warrax01

Wait, sorry. I was checking with an older instance of the IWD spells component (from SCS v34). Looking at current IWDification, Emotion Courage now shadows Enchanted Weapon. And that scroll ... does not appear at all before SoD, or in the quartermaster's shop. There are two instances in SoD: one in the troll cave (waylay encounter) and one in the upstairs area of Dragonspear Castle.

So that's what's going on. An update to the SCS/IWDification spell insertion tables, which was incorporated into SCS with v35, moved Courage from shadowing Hopelessness (which appears in the main BGEE campaign) to shadowing Enchanted Weapon (which doesn't).