Bugs in EE version of Mysteries of the Sword Coast [split from Jarl adventure pack for EE]

On 7/13/2023 at 10:54 PM, megrimlock said:

I deliberately didn't report (or closely track) the bugs I found because jastey said she wasn't working on it, I just discarded the bits that didn't work well and carried on with my next setup. I still enjoyed cannibalizing the bits that worked to fit in my overall install - similar to Mysteries of the Sword Coast, which has a mix of problematic and unproblematic parts too on EE.

I know that my question is unrelated to the title of this topic and I apologize for that but still: I was playing Mysteries of the Sword Coast several times on old vanilla BG:ToSC ( and even contacted via PM with mod's author regarding some bugs and issues back in the day ) and recently downloaded it's EE version intended to give it a try on BG:SoD. I installed it as a first mod right after DLC Merger and tested it until first Elminster's meeting with that dagger in my possession. Everything was fine, Winthrop's store, his additional dialogue and business transaction with Elminster all triggered correctly. Could you point me to the problematic parts of this mod please so I could determine is it safe to play it as I don't want to destroy one more mega install halfway through the game because of unforeseen incompatibilities and associated  repeated CTD's ? Game is BG:SoD, not EET

Oh, I really just took some educated guesses at this from the list of components. I used Winthrop's Gift, bard songs, night-time encounters, random encounters, Tsuki, Centeol's redemption, Viconia romance, Heart of Darkness, extended archaelogical site, Rha'she and Astokatae, but left out all the rule changes which should be deprecated mainly by cdtweaks and seemed to me to be pre-EE stuff which could easily break (particularly in an EET install, which I used).

I  had to comment out bits of the tp2 file so the other "core" components would not install. I also if I remember correctly had to delete some of Tsuki's dialogue because it referred to reactions to animals which did not exist - probably an oBG/BGEE issue.

The bits I used all worked for the most part, though Winthrop's Gift never upgraded for me when I wielded it. I don't remember Heart of Darkness or Rha'she and Astokatae, I think because I had to machine translate those and pop the translation into the original file since those bits were only in Polish. So that may have been on my second or third test run with the mod. The other content I really enjoyed. I think I checked that the Centeol content clashed with the Centeol content in Romantic Encounters (it did).

43 minutes ago, megrimlock said:

Oh, I really just took some educated guesses at this from the list of components. I used Winthrop's Gift, bard songs, night-time encounters, random encounters, Tsuki, Centeol's redemption, Viconia romance, Heart of Darkness, extended archaelogical site, Rha'she and Astokatae, but left out all the rule changes which should be deprecated mainly by cdtweaks and seemed to me to be pre-EE stuff which could easily break (particularly in an EET install, which I used).

I  had to comment out bits of the tp2 file so the other "core" components would not install. I also if I remember correctly had to delete some of Tsuki's dialogue because it referred to reactions to animals which did not exist - probably an oBG/BGEE issue.

The bits I used all worked for the most part, though Winthrop's Gift never upgraded for me when I wielded it. I don't remember Heart of Darkness or Rha'she and Astokatae, I think because I had to machine translate those and pop the translation into the original file since those bits were only in Polish. So that may have been on my second or third test run with the mod. The other content I really enjoyed. I think I checked that the Centeol content clashed with the Centeol content in Romantic Encounters (it did).

So you installed complete Polish version and machine translated it?! Neat! :) I think I also installed BG1 RE and MotSC together on vanilla BG but after first crash I managed to free Centeol from Nightmare spiders and Icarus. 🤔Romance was installed before Mysteries though. Thank you so much for the hints and reply. 

Only had to translate those two elements, most of the mod already had an English version. MUCH easier than fellow Polish mod New Tales of the Sword Coast, where the translation threw up so many errors I had to fix manually (in the early days of me learning how to understand weidu...)

Edited by megrimlock
4 minutes ago, megrimlock said:

Only had to translate those two elements, most of the mod already had an English version. MUCH easier than fellow Polish mod New Tales of the Sword Coast, where the translation threw up so many errors I had to fix manually (in the early days of me learning how to understand weidu...)

I played only english version without Heart of Darkness or Rha'she and Astokatae.  I think Lava's party banters also weren't translated. New Tales of the Sword Coast is such interesting mod but I'm afraid it's english version is not coming anytime soon, if ever. Understandably, translating mods, especially of such scope is very arduous and time consuming task. 

Yes, it took a long time. Unfortunately I can't really share my results in good conscience because when it became tiresome to correct so many syntax errors thrown up by the translator, I started deleting romance talks and NPC banters wholesale because I was only interested in the quests. So it wouldn't be fair to share such a butchered version.