The shrines of Candlekeep - 3 more priest kits?

Hi!

According to the official lore these three shrines, you can find in Candlekeep in-game without any function, are dedicated to the deities Gond, Milil and Deneir.

idee.thumb.jpg.6dc77bda72b5a6e3fce72fa427e568e1.jpg

So, obviously it would make sense, if CHARNAME as a cleric would have chosen one of these deities. Is there a chance, you will add these kits in the future?

Best regards!

Jarl

Probably not (though thanks for the suggestion): there are hundreds of deities in the Realms and I don't want to spend my whole (modding) life writing new ones! My design goal for ToF was (a) to have a sufficiently wide range to give players lots of options; (b) to provide kits for most or all of the clerics you meet in the game, especially the joinable or fightable ones; (c) to build a robust system that in due course others could use to design their own kits.

Deneir is the scribe of Oghma so would be a similar style of bonuses so most likely doesn't add anything Their is technically a priest for this in BG1 Cadderly Bonaduce

Gond is the god of craft. not sure how to make this interesting and different. maybe get the ability to craft something special ammo?

Milil is the god of song so would that be a bard/cleric may be interesting. replace turn undead with a song?

The only i can see being interesting to play compared to the others is Milil. Deneir would literally on NPC conversation

and as I finish writing this David says probably not lol

Thanks for your reply. I totally understand that your focus is not on making even more kits. And thank you for this mod project. It's already incredible!

DiesIrae, thank you for this information on Cadderly Bonaduce. Never noticed that he is actually more than a simple game NPC with a lot of lore references. 👍

2 hours ago, DavidW said:

to build a robust system that in due course others could use to design their own kits.

This is what I'm the most excited for, because believe me, I'll install mods that add more and more new kits. Even if I'll never use them lol