Beta 9-10 Feedback - will update as I play

• Would be nice to see the feats that I chose under character info.
  • Melf's minute meteors nerf is not updated in the ingame description. 
  • Character creation: Barbarian/thief: Weapon Use: class_weapons_use_strings_dw_barbarian_thief.
  • Hardiness can only be taken once. Expected to be same behavior as power attack, i.e. taken multiple times.
  • I feel that rage powers scaling by level has its place, but lvl 14 feels very late. I understand that it might be there to unseat the popular 9/13 dual to mage, but would wish it scaled faster.
  • Different elemental immunities can be selected multiple times (even though they are mutually exclusive). Could be an error with Lefreut UI, need confirmation. 
  • Assassination can be taken multiple times. Could be an error with Lefreut UI, need confirmation. 
  • Barbarian missing Critical Strike HLA
  • Stun immunity for level 10 berserker rage does not work. 
  • Druid/thief multiclass has turn undead, since it's a cleric/thief kit. However, druids should probably not be able to turn undead. This moves thieving skill to special abilities. Very annoying. 
Edited by Madzak

Maybe incompatibility to the UI as I guess that this menu was not taken into account when the UI was designed. I play EET with classic UI and I can use the minus/plus-Buttons to deselect/select the abilities. At least till level 8 ;)

22 hours ago, Madzak said:

When creating a character you can deselect all the 1 pips in weapon prof. and choose whatever instead. Intentional?
When choosing feats (dash/scribe scrolls etc.) there is no option to cancel. Once you click you cannot regret. Also possible to select one time feats like scribe scrolls multiple times. 

None of that's intentional. What UI are you using, and what version of the game?

22 hours ago, Madzak said:

Would be nice to see the feats that I chose under character info.

I don't think that's possible; at any rate I haven't figured out how to do it.

On 4/28/2024 at 5:56 PM, DavidW said:

sorry, I meant which game (BG2EE,BGEE,IWDEE).

Hey, since my UI maybe bug out feat selection somewhat. For feats like Dash and Hardened Warrior, are these supposed to able to pick multiple times? 
Dash picked 2 or 3 is a lot fun and a big QoL, but it's sort cheesy. For some of the feats, like 5 hp, it states that it can be taken multiple times and stack, while others feats sometimes have specifically X number of times. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DavidW said:

If it doesn't say, normally they're not supposed to be taken multiple times. I think something may generally have gone wrong with my 'how many times can this be taken' code.

I just reinstalled without any UI mods. 

Hardened warrior can only be taken once now. Dash can only be taken once (which makes sense). 

However, Hardiness can also only be taken once. Power attack can be taken multiple times. Hardiness, like power attack, should be able to to be taken multiple times. 

Edited by Madzak

I thought the limit on Hardiness was a balance change which is why I hadn't commented on it, I was having fun micro-managing my warriors a bit more, but if it is supposed to work as in vanilla, then that's a welcome change (fix) as well.