Idea - Dynamic Alighments

Jinnai

Well this idea is basically that certain things a character does, indlucing, but not limitied to banter choices and events should affect their alignement. There could a percentage change (up to 0-100) each time for certain choices and actions (such as attacking a non-hostile or killing hostile cizten).

The other way i thought about was adding points for each good or chaoctic action/choice and each time, depeding on what it is, you add points to that pool until you reach the max. When you do, if it would force you to switch your alignment (say LG with max on chaos) you'd move one step toward that (thus becoming NG) and remove half the points or more (probably not 100%) from the other pool. if you can't switch alighments, (ie LG and fill up your lawful pool) it'd empty and the other one (chaos) would be reduced by a large margin as well.

Well, on the one hand, we already have this with Virtue. While I've never tried Virtue yet, from what I've read, the modder's applied logic seems sound enough. On the other hand, NWN already does this sort of thing, too, only it gets very tough in a computer game to come up with enough events for each and every alignment consideration, plus it is hard to come up with situations and judgments that most people will agree upon. IMHO, it really isn't worth it, and won't add much to the gaming experience. Your mileage may vary.

Well, on the one hand, we already have this with Virtue.  While I've never tried Virtue yet, from what I've read, the modder's applied logic seems sound enough.  On the other hand, NWN already does this sort of thing, too, only it gets very tough in a computer game to come up with enough events for each and every alignment consideration, plus it is hard to come up with situations and judgments that most people will agree upon.  IMHO, it really isn't worth it, and won't add much to the gaming experience.  Your mileage may vary.

Not if you become evil i know. i'm not sure about chaotic, but i'm sure its the same. From what i remember you don't gain any xp when your not LG and you haven't gotten "fallen" status.

Archived