Opera web browser free--today only

CamDawg

For anyone interested in trying it out, Opera is offering free registration of its browser for today only. Opera is normally free, but with ads, unless you pay and register it. The details from download.com:

Note: For one day only, you can get an ad-free version of Opera. Simply e-mail registerme@opera.com to obtain a registration code. This offer is valid from 12 a.m. Tuesday, August 30 to 12 a.m. Wednesday, August 31 2005 (PDT).

edit: It looks like there's a more direct (and faster) way to do this on Opera's site directly. Just click the 'Go free button' from this page. It will supply reg codes for all platforms on which opera is available--Win, Mac, Linux, FreeBSD.

Opera, like the Mozilla suite or Firefox, is an excellent alternative to Internet Explorer. While I'm a big advocate of Firefox due to its extensibility, Opera has pioneered many technologies found in the current Firefox and the upcoming Internet Explorer 7. If you haven't already tried Firefox or Opera, I suggest giving both a try.

I'll freely admit as a web developer I have a vested interest in getting as many folks as possible not using Internet Explorer. :)

Archived