possible add in

Sir-Kill

Ok more about bams; I got to thinking that it might be nice to have multiple frames in the first sequence. for instance when you pick up a sword it can have a moving gleam to it or have an animated fire effect on it. would this be possible? or can IE do that already (doubt it)? I guess < 10 frames could do it.

one more side thing ToEE uses JPG instead of bmp. Have you guys thought about using JPG as well?

continuing good luck on this!

Ok more about bams; I got to thinking that it might be nice to have multiple frames in the first sequence. for instance when you pick up a sword it can have a moving gleam to it or have an animated fire effect on it. would this be possible? or can IE do that already (doubt it)? I guess < 10 frames could do it.

one more side thing ToEE uses JPG instead of bmp. Have you guys thought about using JPG as well?

continuing good luck on this!

Unlikely we'll use jpg.

We might use png, maybe.

But we'll avoid adding proprietary formats (other than IE's own formats).

oh heh heh thanks OS. I was thinking that it was something much more grand then simple ownership. I don't realy care about which format it is as long as it can have 16 million color, smaller then bmp, and good at holding the colors. areas can make a download much bigger and it might be nice if GermRB could use this. :)

so any thoughts on the animated first sequence bams? Actualy 5 or less frames could do it.

oh heh heh thanks OS. I was thinking that it was something much more grand then simple ownership.

It actually is more than that - it's to do with the various ethical and technical issues involved with 'ownership' of a format (or of any software, or more generally any idea). :)

EDIT: And PNG does all of that, too - aswell as often being even smaller than JPEG.

Archived