Maximum HP on Level Up

drake127

Can you please tell me what is it? I have good idea what it does but I do not understand sense.

Why should be min_roll modified when there is nothing to be rolled?

COPY_EXISTING ~hpconbon.2da~ ~override~
 FOR (row = 3; row < 28; row = row + 1) BEGIN
   READ_2DA_ENTRY row 2 1 bonus
   PATCH_IF (bonus > 0) BEGIN
     SET_2DA_ENTRY row 3 1 bonus
   END
 END
 BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

This means that non-fighter/paladin/ranger/whatever get full bonuses from CON, rather than the dimished +2 max.

I don't think so - hpconbon.2da after patching:

OTHER       WARRIOR     MIN_ROLL ...
1       -3          -3          1
2       -2          -2          1
(...)
14      0           0           1
15      1           1           1
16      2           2           2
17      2           3           3
18      2           4           4
19      2           5           5
20      2           5           5
21      2           6           6
(...)

As you can see it modifies MIN_ROLL colums rather than OTHER. I am unsure what min_roll exactly doing but I can presume it forces the dice to roll higher value than x. And it is redundant because there is nothing to roll after other parts of this component is installed.

The MIN_ROLL column is the minimum roll for a warrior's CON bonus, I have altered this to equal this maximum roll. Therefore, only one value can be rolled: the maximum. The OTHER column is for nonwarrior classes, iirc this is not rolled but simply applied, no change is necessary (2 is the correct max and min value). If I am wrong about the function of this file please correct me.

The MIN_ROLL column is the minimum roll for a warrior's CON bonus, I have altered this to equal this maximum roll. Therefore, only one value can be rolled: the maximum. The OTHER column is for nonwarrior classes, iirc this is not rolled but simply applied, no change is necessary (2 is the correct max and min value). If I am wrong about the function of this file please correct me.

CON bonus for both group of classes (2nd and 3rd column) is still same. You simpy get it when you level up.

As I said I am unsure about min_roll but I think it will force the game to roll more than x when rolling. e.g. warrior character with constitution 25 get 4-10 (min_roll column = 4) + 7 (warrior column) HP per level.

I am pretty sure your way is incorrect but I am unsure my way is right. In all cases there is no reason to modify hpconbon.2da.

Please look at my version of this http://files.sigil.cz/mods/EasyCoreRules.zip, it is similar but compatible with all IE games (excluding NWN).

Huh. So, perhaps, if we leave hpwar.2da alone and set the MIN_ROLL column to 10 accross the board then Barbarian's will get max hp too--probably not though. I'll have to experiment.

I tried it - they won't. I tried it many ways but finally I gave up. min_roll behave strange.

Your idea is logical but warriors after start of game (7th level) get 75 HPs (wrong), barbarians 70 (wrong) on core rules. Normal difficulty is better - warriors get 75 HPs (wrong) and barbarians 96 (good). Level-Up works except for core rules barbarians.

Archived