Scripting Clones Part Quintillion

cirerrek

Anyone know what the stats 138 and 139 do and what difference, if any, is there between them and 140 and 141, which are described in IEDSP?

138 PUPPETMASTERID

139 PUPPETMASTERTYPE

140 PUPPETTYPE

IEDSP description

The image can return true on the following values:

1 = Mislead, 2 = Project Image, 3 = Simulacrum

141 PUPPETID

The caster can return true on the following values:

I've only seen

138 PUPPETMASTERID

139 PUPPETMASTERTYPE

used, in some Horred's scripts. And therein, it appears that do exactly the same thing as

140 PUPPETTYPE

IEDSP description

The image can return true on the following values:

141 PUPPETID

The caster can return true on the following values:

Which generated some confusion in my mind. I was hoping someone else would be able to shed some light on the topic.

Guess I'll need to test for myself.

Thanks,

I look forward to the results... this could solve some odd SoA gMinionS problems if it operates the way it appears that it should (did that make sense?)

-Y-

What you mean like not working most of the time? :)

Yeah, I've been meaning to fix this for a long time.

Now I just have to get a random party passed Improved Archer/Mage gal. My poor lonesome Monk got slaughtered despite my best efforts.

The first challenge in the Pocket plane provides a great battle for testing things out. All sorts of different types of enemies are spawned.

Anyway, I'm just looking for a good way to detect a clone is a clone and then after that, I think I'm going to have to resort to modifying mislead.spl, simulacr.spl, project.spl as SimDing0 has done with his Improved Clones component.

Fun, fun.

I look forward to the results... this could solve some odd SoA gMinionS problems if it operates the way it appears that it should (did that make sense?)

-Y-

What you mean like not working most of the time? :)

:O:) The problem's even worse in trying to get them to work in BG1. I figure that summoned monsters switch to my BG1 gMinion about 40% of the time, but them I did have to kludge the whole script-switch sequence as there is no LastSummonerOf() in that version of the IE.

-Y-

:O  :) The problem's even worse in trying to get them to work in BG1. I figure that summoned monsters switch to my BG1 gMinion about 40% of the time, but them I did have to kludge the whole script-switch sequence as there is no LastSummonerOf() in that version of the IE.

-Y-

Yeeeuck! I bet that is a horrible mess.

Can I say code for TuTu instead?

Which, hopefully someday I will get around to trying out, again. Here is to hoping they got that starting HP bug remedied.

Yeeeuck!  I bet that is a horrible mess. 

Can I say code for TuTu instead?

Which, hopefully someday I will get around to trying out, again.  Here is to hoping they got that starting HP bug remedied.

Pretty much so. NPC summons monsters and sets 'I've just summoned you' flag. Monsters see flag (hopefully), changes scripts and resets flag. More than one NPC summons monsters and you're into a flag race..... Real solution is probably to change wtasight and wtrunsgt to contain all the targeting sequences themselves. It's not a great problem in BG1 because there's no simulacrums to worry about. Hmm... must try that.

I did a very quick and very dirty TuTu scriptset which consisted of just ripping out the Summoned() checks from Sarkyn's snippets and then reassembling/recompiling my scripts. I recall getting well and truly caught by that on my one run through TuTu; there was one point at which my spellcasters rather carelessly trapped the entire party behind a wall of animated dead.

-Y-

Well answered some of my questions about clones here.

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=5061

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=5068

Clones with Physical Attacks:

Simulacrum

Clones with Spell Casting Abilities:

Projected Image

Simulacrum

Clones that can use Items and Innate Abilities:

Projected Image

Simulacrum

Clones can cast Clone Spells?

-Projected Image-

Mislead

Projected Image [edit] they can cast it, but one of the effects of PI is to protect the caster from the effects of the spell, preventing the appearance of a new PI[/edit]

Simulacrum

-Simulacrum-

Mislead (if the original caster is of high enough level)

Projected Image (if the original caster is of high enough level)

Simulacrum (if the original caster is of high enough level)

More on clone identification

Clones answer fine to, depending on the EA of the caster.

Allegiance(Myself,GOODCUTOFF)

or 

Allegiance(Myself,EVILCUTOFF)

This means assigning the script through the spell file is probably the most fullproof means of identification.

Misleads also count as Gender Illusionary, but the other types of clones do not.

Clone Killers

Dispel Magic:

Mislead

Projected Image

Remove Magic:

Mislead

Projected Image

Oracle:

Mislead

True Sight:

Mislead

Projected Image

Other observations:

// I suspected the 'hold caster' effect of Projected Image may have been

// preventing CLONEIR from running. Therefore, I used an observer running

// OBSERVE to see if the stat was taking effect for Projected Image.

// the observer confirmed the application of the stat by returning a string

// upon observing that CheckStat(LastSeenBy(Myself),2,PUPPETTYPE) was true

// for LastSeenBy(Myself)

From some things on IWD2, I know that Stunned creatures just don't run a script at all, so I suspect that something similar is happening with the 'hold caster' effect of Projected Image.

Thanks,

IIRC Sarkyn at one point did some serious Simulacrum casting Simulacrum research and concluded that the only way of detecting it was a response to 'Not' the entire contents of the gender ids file.... wait one.

Damn. I thought I still had the original of that info somewhere; I'm sure he went on to note the problems with calling multiple simulacrums. Ah well.

Just FYI: I'm following a promising line of scripting that adds up to four 'external' NPCs into the party. As per normal, you can't actually directly tell them what to do ('click' - 'go here') but they appear to be responding as part of an integrated group. It's early days yet and it could come crashing down around my ears.

-Y-

IIRC Sarkyn at one point did some serious Simulacrum casting Simulacrum research and concluded that the only way of detecting it was a response to 'Not' the entire contents of the gender ids file.... wait one.

Damn. I thought I still had the original of that info somewhere; I'm sure he went on to note the problems with calling multiple simulacrums. Ah well.

Just FYI: I'm following a promising line of scripting that adds up to four 'external' NPCs into the party. As per normal, you can't actually directly tell them what to do ('click' - 'go here') but they appear to be responding as part of an integrated group. It's early days yet and it could come crashing down around my ears.

-Y-

This also works for reliably identifying a clone, but is a bit messy (non-specific) and requires the use of a ChangeSpecifics to keep it from repeating.

Code borrowed from GBlucher

// * Simulacrum AI Change
IF
 See([ALLY])
 !InParty(LastSeenBy(Myself))
 !Specifics(LastSeenBy(Myself),SIMULACRUM)
 OR(3)
    Gender(LastSeenBy(Myself),MALE)
    Gender(LastSeenBy(Myself),FEMALE)
    Gender(LastSeenBy(Myself),ILLUSIONARY)
 !Allegiance(LastSeenBy(Myself),GOODBUTBLUE)
 !Allegiance(LastSeenBy(Myself),NEUTRAL)
 !Class(LastSeenBy(Myself),WIZARD_EYE)
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
   ActionOverride(LastSeenBy(Myself),ChangeAIScript("GMINIONC",OVERRIDE))
   ChangeSpecifics(LastSeenBy(Myself),SIMULACRUM)
   DisplayStringHead(Myself,10656)  // "Who is your master?"
END

Archived