Protection from Evil

Western Paladin

I am wondering, what process do you use in DLTCEP to make an item that applies a Protection from Evil effect while equipped, a la the Staff of the Magi or the Sensate Amulet? I opened both of these items to see how they were coded. Each of them has several effects under the Equipping Effects section, but I am not sure which ones (or which combination of them) gives them the Protection from Evil effect. The bonus to saving throws against evil creatures seems to be coded manually (ie. from the opcode Saving Throws).

I don't really understand your last sentence :O

That would be my mistake: I was talking about the +2 bonus to saving throws but that's not part of Protection from Evil.

spwi113.spl - everything is "softcoded" :-)

Begging your pardon . . . but where would I find/put that? I fear I'm not as intimately familiar with all of the effects as I should be.

spwi113.spl - everything is "softcoded" :-)
Begging your pardon . . . but where would I find/put that? I fear I'm not as intimately familiar with all of the effects as I should be.
I mean you can find what you need in Protection from Evil spell (spwi113.spl) in some editor (DLTCEP, NI). Protection from Evil grants you protection from deamons and +2 AC against evil creatures. There are some other effects (Sound, Glow pulse, ...) related to this.

So, if I'm reading my editor interfaces correctly, spwi113.spl is what you use (in Cast Spell at Creature under Equipping Effects or Extended Effects) when you want the item to cast the spell a certain number of times a day. And, if you want the user to be under the effects of the spell Protection from Evil as long as he's holding the item, you have to use Protection from Opcode (under Equipping Effects) and fill in the correct values in the various fields, including IDS (I think that's what it's called?) file, as with the Staff of the Magi. Would I be correct? :O

It is unlikely that protection from opcode is correct :O

1. it has no IDS values to fill

2. it has no effect against creatures

You are correct that you have to add an equipping effect with 'while equipped' timing if you want a permanent effect while the item is equipped.

Archived